Overall Ultegra Di2 6770 topic

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

vaskitas

by vaskitas

Hello guys, i joined your forum and seeking for your knowledge. The question is: Should i go for the 10speed and shave 400euro or should i go for the 11speed?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Elrey

by Elrey

There is only one person who can tell you that... Look in a mirror and you'll find him. Handsome guy, i'm sure.
I would wait for 6870 to hit the streets. It depends on what you wanna save. Money or weight.

vaskitas

by vaskitas

I think ill make a few saving and go for the 11 . The fenomalist is such a great bike, looks good with the gold chain. I own a scentron, havent finished it yet!

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Has any one ever experienced their junction box smoking / short circuiting before? Was working good yesterday, then today no go. No wet rides, only dry hot rides at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtDUZ_L ... ata_player

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

djwalker

by djwalker

I am using the standard 6770 setup with only a 6870 rear derailleur, 11 speed cassette, and 11 speed chain. Everything works perfectly. The only odd thing is that the Shimano E-Tube software puts up a message saying that the 10 speed FD and 11 speed RD are not compatible and that the bicycle won't work correctly. However, everything actually works just fine.

harrisc

by harrisc

djwalker wrote:I am using the standard 6770 setup with only a 6870 rear derailleur, 11 speed cassette, and 11 speed chain. Everything works perfectly. The only odd thing is that the Shimano E-Tube software puts up a message saying that the 10 speed FD and 11 speed RD are not compatible and that the bicycle won't work correctly. However, everything actually works just fine.

Exactly my experience. I went from 10 spd 11-28 cassette to 11 spd 11-28 cassette. The extra gear filled the large gaps in the largest 3 gears.

Chris

Chris Harris
Adelaide
Australia

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Not expecting an answer for the second one. I have asked on the Shimano Cycling FaceBook page to no avail.

•1: As a current Ultegra Di2 10 speed user what is required to upgrade to the internal seat tube battery?

•2: It's 2014 and you mean to tell me the Japanese have not figured out how to make an iPad app, or Mac compatible software?!? I'm speaking on the etube project here.

I refuse to run a Windows emulator for this or buy another piece of hardware.

Also curious if Fair Wheel or anyone has tried to run both external and internal battery simultaneously.

That's all.

Cheers.
carbonLORD.com

petal666

by petal666

1. SM-EW90-A + some extra EW-SD50 cables + SM-BCR2 + SM-BTR2 + firmware update + PC to run firmware update
2. Find a friend who isn't sucked in by Apple marketing and owns a PC.

vdrey

by vdrey

Hate to be that guy, but I feel no sympathy for you---when you buy apple stuff, you deserve to have some problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

I managed a design agency for 15 years and worked on high level campaigns as an interactive programmer before I was the carbonLORD. (well, while I was becoming the carbonLORD) :wink:

Guess what equipment we worked on?

Windows can keep the virus scans and other dodgy aspects that would have and continue to hinder production.

Now, if I were an investment banker or something else in my previous life, that might be different.

The minute I installed VM ware or Parrallels resulted in having to wipe clean an entire system within the month.

That is why I will not be conned into spending more time and money to maintain a PC. Unless Windows 8, or Vista or whatever they have actually functions at the same level as a Mac now? But I doubt it.

Last time I attempted to hook up a PCE-1 to a PC, we spent more time trying to figure out why the drivers didn't work and had to source a machine running XP, again wasting more time troubleshooting then actually managing a simple firmware update.

Your Samsung device is a copy of a product Apple brought to the industry FCOL. And lets face it the entire world of mobile Apps and Mobile OS was created by Apple.

Perhaps they do it better now, but my experience with the PC world has always proven otherwise and for the 1 or 2 times a year I might actually need to hook up a computer to my bike is not compelling enough to give it another go.

It's time to realize Apple is only going to grow. It's not 1994 where Apple stocks are $14 a share with no iPhone in sight. I think it might be time for Shimano to hire an iOS engineer and get with the times.

Then they can make a mobile app for your Sammy-phone-tablet-copy-of-an-iPad too.
carbonLORD.com

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

petal666 wrote:1. SM-EW90-A + some extra EW-SD50 cables + SM-BCR2 + SM-BTR2 + firmware update + PC to run firmware update

Thanks man.

Will I still use my PCE-1 on this set up?
carbonLORD.com

petal666

by petal666

I think so.

jockster

by jockster

Feel free to download virtualbox and setup a virtual XP computer and give it access to your USB ports and you should be good to go. This is how I do it.
Very stable and will definitely NOT create a situation where you are forced to "reinstall your whole system within a month".

goodboyr

by goodboyr

carbonLORD wrote:
petal666 wrote:1. SM-EW90-A + some extra EW-SD50 cables + SM-BCR2 + SM-BTR2 + firmware update + PC to run firmware update

Thanks man.

Will I still use my PCE-1 on this set up?

Not necessary. The new BCR2 charger you will get also does firmware upgrades. The only extra thing the PCE does that the BCR2 doesn't is the diagnostic function.

dgran

by dgran

carbonLORD wrote: It's 2014 and you mean to tell me the Japanese have not figured out how to make an iPad app, or Mac compatible software?!? I'm speaking on the etube project here.

I've been a mac user before it was cool to say this, back in the day when they were a beleaguered company. Firmware updates don't happen that often to warrant that interface. Besides, I see people on the other side really upset at Wahoo for doing this because they don't own an iPhone. You can't win either way and you also can't support every platform under the sun.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com