Overall Ultegra Di2 6770 topic

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

limba

by limba

Thanks for the thread/info. Just marking my place.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

limba

by limba

When you buy a new Di2 bike does it come with the charger or is that added to the cost?

Stuartclark1977

by Stuartclark1977

in a reverse enquiry kind of way, anyone know if you can charge the new internal battery with the PCME1 machine, possibly just need a micro usb-micro usb cable?

Omiar

by Omiar

limba wrote:When you buy a new Di2 bike does it come with the charger or is that added to the cost?

It has to come with the bike.
Last edited by Omiar on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

limba

by limba

That's what I figured/hoped. Thanks.

Leonel

by Leonel

Hi guys
Where are you all getting the necessary cables/junction box to convert to internal battery? they are not available in the States yet
Leonel

rmerka

by rmerka

Yes they are. Lots of the stuff online for sale.

Leonel

by Leonel

I can't find anything :( Could you please point me in the right direction ??
Thanks

Dammit

by Dammit

Bought mine from Germany, not yet launched in the UK.

rmerka

by rmerka

http://www.artscyclery.com/ out of CA is one. Be prepared to pay full price. You won't find any special deals on this stuff for a while.

Neoryan7

by Neoryan7

^ thats where i purchased some of my stuff. A few local TREK dealers actually had the battery + charger in stock.

Leonel

by Leonel

This is all supposed to be available in the US as of April 5th

asv

by asv

Has anyone confirmed that you can add a 9070 rear derailleur to 6770 and it will support 11 speed?

kenshinvt

by kenshinvt

Stuartclark1977 wrote:in a reverse enquiry kind of way, anyone know if you can charge the new internal battery with the PCME1 machine, possibly just need a micro usb-micro usb cable?

No, unfortunately. It uses a proprietary plug rather than either of those standards. Typical Shimano.. otherwise we could use a whole host of mini or micro USB chargers that are available.

asv wrote:Has anyone confirmed that you can add a 9070 rear derailleur to 6770 and it will support 11 speed?

This is a really good discussion / pictures on using the internal battery with Di2.
http://glorycycles.blogspot.com/2013/03 ... rsion.html

They have this to say in the comments below:
"Something interesting that came out in looking into this again is

1. Shimano Ultegra Di2 Shifters work as 11 Speed with 9070 derailleurs and vi/vi 9070 Shifters work as 10 Speed with Ultegra Di2 derailleurs."

I would read that as you could do it, but it would require replacing both the front and rear derailleur. Which would make sense, since apparently the brains are in the FD. Feel free to correct me if anyone has more solid info (on a RD-only swap working).

rmerka

by rmerka

kenshinvt wrote:
1. Shimano Ultegra Di2 Shifters work as 11 Speed with 9070 derailleurs and vi/vi 9070 Shifters work as 10 Speed with Ultegra Di2 derailleurs."

I would read that as you could do it, but it would require replacing both the front and rear derailleur. Which would make sense, since apparently the brains are in the FD. Feel free to correct me if anyone has more solid info (on a RD-only swap working).

Each component of the Di2/Ui2 system has it's own little "brain" including the battery and they all work in concert. What you are saying is true that you can mix and match. I think the Rub is that if the front and rear are mix matched they won't know how to auto-trim themselves for optimal position in each gear combo.

That's my take on it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com