Overall Ultegra Di2 6770 topic

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

glepore

by glepore

My issue with the 11 speed cassette solution is that I'm only going to buy a new rear mech if mine is stuffed, and I'm then forced to buy a derailleur anyway, and now on top of that I either need to buy a heavy Ultegra 11 cassette (I run SRAM OG or XG currently), and actually a couple of them as I have a few wheelsets, all because someone decided this was a good way to code. And yes, I could never go beyond 2.5, but unfortunately I have a new internal battery that already has a more recent version.

All what ifs but it still isn't ideal.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CheapB

by CheapB

Is the RD-6770 officially discontinued or just out of stock for an extended period? I am running 6770 on one bike and 6700 on the other and sharing 3 sets of wheels between them. Not a great situation to be in if i were to damage the RD.

SVX

by SVX

Sorry to post here but in a little bit of a pickle. Please smack me if I need to go to another thread/forum.

Bought and had a 6870 DI2 groupo installed on my '12 Madone 5.9. Turns out the front junction they sold and installed was the 6770 SM-EW67 and the external BTR1 battery. I am ok with the external battery (even though they could have sold/installed the BTR2 internal), but I am NOT ok with the 6770 EW67 junction. I have since purchased the SM-EW90 3 port and cables. Two questions:

- Will the BCR2 charge the external BTR1 battery. Been reading reports that it can with latest f/w updates. This is minimal for me, but need to know.
- More important: Can I use the BCR2 to program the system or do I need the PCE1 to do it even though I have an external BTR1 battery? Are there any risks? BCR2 is half the cost of the PCE1! I am not getting consistent information one way or the other when searching online.

TIA!!
"I'm on Fire!"
{ISV-K}SVX

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Benjamin Franklin

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

Short answers
No and yes.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

SVX

by SVX

TurboKoo wrote:Short answers
No and yes.

Thanks!!
"I'm on Fire!"
{ISV-K}SVX

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Benjamin Franklin

allenpg

by allenpg

Has anyone gotten the E-tube software to work on Windows 10? The computer recognizes my PCE, but the E-tube software can't find it. I've tried it on two different computers. I know it's a Technical Preview, but just wondering if anyone has had luck. I have one machine still running Windows 7, so not a big deal.

allenpg

by allenpg

OK, now to answer my own question and help others. For Windows 10, just uninstall the E-Tube software and reinstall it. It will then work. Thanks!

richpick

by richpick

Hi there, I am new to the forum and have a couple of questions relating to Ultegra Di2 that I hope someone will be kind enough to answer.

I have a Giant TCR Advanced SL with Ultegra 6770 (10 Speed) Di2. I also have a Boardman TTE with Dura-Ace 11speed Di2.
I have problems with the Giant collecting water in the external battery mount - initially under the chain stay mount, which i changed to a bottle cage mount when the first mount had to be replaced (thinking there might be less chance of water getting in), but it has crapped itself again and i think i will need a new cable and battery mount to continue with the external battery so instead I am likely to change to an internal battery.

Questions:

1) does anyone know for sure if the battery fits in the ISP of the Giant?...i believe the battery is 16.3mm diameter, and as a test i have been able to slide an approx 17mm cylinder down the tube with a little bit of play left, so I think it should fit, but would be great if anyone can confirm for sure [presumably newer TCR SL's are using internal batteries too]

2) Since I have the TTE I already have a SM-BCR2 charger/e-tube interface, of course the TTE also has the SM-EW90 junction too, whereas the Giant has the SM-EW67. Having read this topic and surfed numerous others on the subject, I believe, but would like to confirm, that I could simply get a battery and e-tube wire and stick with the SM-EW67 - so long as i am happy to charge the battery by temporarily substituting my SM-EW90 from the other bike (as I am not going to hack the SM-BCR2 since i need it for the TTE and I am no good at soldering etc)....in doing this, i would also be able to update firmware on my Giant components (FD/RD/Shifters)? Does this leave me with a problem that the SM-EW67 needs updating but i cannot do it? or is it possible to connect the SM-EW67 & SM-EW90 at the same time (temporarily), in order to update firmware on the SM-EW67? [if not, then i presume if my local bike shop has the PC interface I should be able to just get the SM-EW67 updated on its own?....and then everything should work using new firmware?]

3) Is there any issues I have not considered above? It would be great to be able to do the swap without having to get another SM-EW90 and 2xSD50 wires to replace the SM-EW67- saves money and a little bit of time in unwrapping and rewrapping the bars

Thanks in advance for any advice

Richard

pandaoz

by pandaoz

Hi all, just wanted to resurrect this thread to see if anyone can help with a problem I am having with a new di2 setup.
I am experiencing the front derailleur shifting from the large chain ring to the small chain ring occasionally when shifting up or down the cassette. This only happens once in 50 to 100 or so shifts and is quite disconcerting.
I noticed that MisterNoChain also noticed this (pg. 20 of this thread). Has anyone else experienced this and do they have a solution ??

ooo

by ooo

Anyone have older firmware setup exe/zip files?

E-tube_Proj_V_2_3_0.zip
E-tube_Proj_V_2_4_0.zip
E-tube_Proj_V_2_6_0.zip
E-tube_Proj_V_2_7_0.zip
'

kulivontot

by kulivontot

I got them somewhere. Pm me later and I'll look for them tomorrow.

ooo

by ooo

SM-EW67 manual suggest that you have to use ports in specific order
i.e. connect to wired ports to shifters, and connect unwired port to derailleurs/battery via junction b
SM-EW90 manual suggest that you can connect anything to any port

Anyone can confirm that SM-EW67 is really limited to specific port usage?
or you can use ports in any order (connect derailleurs/battery, shifter to any port)
'

DeeHubbs

by DeeHubbs

ooo wrote:Anyone have older firmware setup exe/zip files?

E-tube_Proj_V_2_3_0.zip
E-tube_Proj_V_2_4_0.zip
E-tube_Proj_V_2_6_0.zip
E-tube_Proj_V_2_7_0.zip

Version V_2_5_2 is the most important version to have on file. This is the last version that allows 11sp RDs to work with 10sp FDs or vice versa.
I have a bike with ST-6770, FD-6770 and RD-6870 (and I can switch it back and forth with a RD-6770 with my 10spd wheels).

motorapido

by motorapido

ooo

The SM EW67 do not have dedicated port usage,

On my MTB i have one with an Alfine shifter into the female port, and one of the wires extended to run down to the junction 'B'. the second one is cut off.
This works with no issues.

ooo

by ooo

fd-6870 auto-trim - does it work on v2.5.2 with 10sp rd?

@DeeHubbs
thanks. I try archived all possible versions, this one are missing.
I will try to mix 10sp road di2 rd with mtb di2 fd and fd-6870

@motorapido
thanks, that's what I wanted to know.
'

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com