Has anyone tried 20mm carbon clincher's?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
WeightySteve

by WeightySteve

I'm also on the lookout for something like this (front only)

When my front LW Std Clincher is out (for +15mph windy days) I swap in a DuraAce C24. But its a pain swapping the brakes around every time I swap wheel. I do it cause I must, but a 20-24mm carbon clincher would be better.

I'm hoping CarbonSports eventually (soon!) make a Ventoux (or whatever their new name is) Clincher...

AnthonySJB

by AnthonySJB

I use a pair of Dura Ace C24 wheels for all my training. They weigh 1350g if I recall correctly, and have an aluminium brake track. They're also compatible with both clincher and tubeless tyres. No comprimise really!

by Weenie

kylefoo
in the industry
Location: N96 Road jingquan, Jimei District, Xiamen city, China

by kylefoo

:beerchug: hi, i am kyle,sales2, from Far Sports.

For heavier riders deeper rims 50-60-88 mm are good all round options. for light weight, usually will look at a shallower rim in the 20mm-38 mm range. 38mm-50mm are suitable for mid weight.

so in my opinion, maybe you can choose depth more than 38mm.
FarSports carbon wheels
Email:sales2@farsports.cn
Store:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1679325, all store enjoys 8% off till 30th Sep.

sawyer

by sawyer

AnthonySJB wrote:I use a pair of Dura Ace C24 wheels for all my training. They weigh 1350g if I recall correctly, and have an aluminium brake track. They're also compatible with both clincher and tubeless tyres. No comprimise really!

More like 1440g with the factory rim tape. Nice clinchers though.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

cathyandrob

by cathyandrob

I have the 20mm clinchers from China on a set of wheels I built for riding in the Dolomites this year.

I should say they were on a CX style frame with discs, 32 spoke 3x.

Weight was reasonable (370 or so) and they were quite a bit stiffer than some light-ish alloy rims I have built.

They were quite good actually.

Would I use them with rim brakes,......no.