FFWD Ghost

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mxdclt

by mxdclt

After deciding to go with tubulars and doing a bit a research, I have come to favor the FFWD Ghost wheels. Wanted to know if anyone has had any extended ride time experience with them and could offer a good assessment. Sadly I can't get a demo set anywhere near me so it is more of a jump right in and hope. Also, with the spoke structure of the wheel, does anyone know if there is a reduction of wheel stiffness or should I assume it would be on par with some Zipp 202's or Enve 3.4's (both of which I have ridden so I can use that as a point of basis).

I chose these for a few reasons. First off, I have heard that FFWD wheels have a pretty good reputation for being very durable wheels which is always a plus. Also I am pretty keen on the different look of them as long as it doesn't take away from the performance of the wheels. I have the option to purchase the Zipp's or Enve's but I just wanted to try something a little different and this is what I stumbled upon.

Without changing the topic of this post too much, if anyone has any other suggestion for a good lightweight pair of tubulars that are mid profile (30 - 45 mm) that would be a good alternative I am definitely open ears. Thanks!

beardking

by beardking

I've got a set and have ridden then in a few races and TTs. haven't noticed any lack of stiffness giving it full gas climbing out of the saddle or sprinting.
can't tell if they're actually faster than any of my other wheels or not but riding on tubs definitely feels faster and smoother

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie13

by Frankie13

I love the HED Stinger series. Mounted with 23-25mm tubulars ride like a dream and bullet proved.