In Search of a used Carbon Frame. 2009 Jamis Xenith SL?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

syncmaster

by syncmaster

Hello all. First post here after many years of lurking. Thank you in advance for any advice you might be able to share.

I'm looking to upgrade my cheap AL frame to something lighter and stiffer for both training and racing and the older model Jamis Xenith SL frames have caught my eye.

They seem to have good reviews and I've seen models between 2008 and 2010 go for between $700-$1000 depending on condition. There's one I've found that's a 2009 team frame that has very low miles and is priced around $1000.

I'm wondering if I should be considering other options and wanted to know if you all had any suggestions. Can I find something newer with similar specs for the same price? The Xenith SL is under 900g and was top of the line when they came out a few years ago, and in my opinion looks beautiful in the matte finish.

My budget really can't go higher than $1,000. Should I look elsewhere? Or is the Jamis a good bet even though it's almost 4 years old?

Thanks again for any suggestions.

NGMN

by NGMN

I'd hold out for something new. Someone on this forum has broken a couple of Jamis frames if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, I think there are a few legit NEW frames in the $1000-1500 range. Save your pennies and find something new would be my advice.

For instance, this litespeed looks sweet, it might even drop in price, though its more in the 1050 range I believe:
http://www.departmentofgoods.com/litespeed-l1-frameset

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

syncmaster

by syncmaster

NGMN wrote:I'd hold out for something new. Someone on this forum has broken a couple of Jamis frames if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, I think there are a few legit NEW frames in the $1000-1500 range. Save your pennies and find something new would be my advice.

For instance, this litespeed looks sweet, it might even drop in price, though its more in the 1050 range I believe:
http://www.departmentofgoods.com/litespeed-l1-frameset" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank's for the info. I think at the moment I may just save my money, especially since the winter is coming and if I built something now, it probably wouldn't get too much use until the spring.

I may keep an eye out for deals on new and used frames over the next few months and hopefully I'll find something. I still think the Jamis Xenith SL looks great though.....

Thanks again.