best alloy road bike of 2012

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RAFIUDEEN

by RAFIUDEEN

wanted people to help me in getting a alloy road bike frame some one suggested me a cannondale caad 10 and i have a leaning towards a canyon ultimate al frameset evo
need advise and help in determining the same.....
thanks

blantonator

by blantonator

I'd get a canyon to be different, but sadly they're not for sale in the US.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

shinyboy

by shinyboy

..........or be a little bit more different and get a Gaulzetti Corsa?

http://www.embrocationmagazine.com/onli ... etti-cicli"

wgc1.jpg

petepeterson

by petepeterson

That is nice - very classy

thisisnotaspoon

by thisisnotaspoon

$2900 for an aluminium frame? The Canyon is £1650 with kysrium equipes, ritchey WCS and Ultegra Di2!

I've no idea how they're distributed elswhere but kinesis make some nice frames for the UK, although a lot of them are badged as kinesis-uk so I've no idea what gets distributed elswhere. That and annoyingly they only market them as winter training frames over here, which is a shame as the re must be a gap in the market for a ~1150g frame and reasnobly light fork package to rival the CAAD10.

Do Rose Versand ship to the USA? they're a similar set-up to Canyon and also have a complete aluminium framed bike with ultegra Di2 bike for under £2k that get's similar reviews, cycling plus' only differentiator between the two is the canyon's VCLS seatpost trumped the kysrium elites on the rose, I've got the VCLS post aftermarket and it really is good though. I don't think they do the frame only though.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

these "the best ______ " threads are really daft.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

morrisond

by morrisond

Storck make awesome aluminum bikes at CAAD like pricing.

This should be available before year end http://www.storck-bicycle.de/en/web-anz ... 3=Visioner

From these guys: http://blacksmithcycle.com/shop/

RAFIUDEEN

by RAFIUDEEN

prendrefeu wrote:these "the best ______ " threads are really daft.

Daft not exactly its what suits u the best is the best bike for you ,,i have a r 5 carbon bike cervelo and i feel thats the best bike i have ever ridden my opinion its for people to try out for them selves or go the other way no absolutes just exprience sharing

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

The best is different for different people. It depends on preferenes so the question cannot be answered.

If you have a set of criteria to which people can give there respones to then the answer might be meaningful otherwise you will only get what others like without knowing there preferenes.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

RAFIUDEEN wrote:
prendrefeu wrote:these "the best ______ " threads are really daft.

Daft not exactly its what suits u the best is the best bike for you ,,i have a r 5 carbon bike cervelo and i feel thats the best bike i have ever ridden my opinion its for people to try out for them selves or go the other way no absolutes just exprience sharing

Hey, do me a favor: go re-read your reply, I quoted it above for you. Then re-read your original post. You just asked a very general question to the general public, yet you are asking for random opinions based on no set criteria? You want 'just sharing? We have hundreds of threads already devoted to just sharing.

Yes, it's daft.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Alright, let's do this RAFIUDEEN, here's the "BEST ALLOY BIKE EVAR!!!!!!1!!!!"

It's a CAAD10. Go and get one. Believe whatever you want to believe.
Is this the best? Sure, to some people.
Others are the best according to others.
And yet more are 'the best' according to others as well.

But that doesn't matter to you because you want to ask for "THE BEST" with no criteria, and those who know more than the CAAD10 would also ask for criteria, but since that doesn't matter to you, then go with the default answer. Get a CAAD10.

Because, really, the bike that's underneath you will inevitably become the best bike ever the more you enjoy riding it.

So get a CAAD10. You'll satisfy a number of people who believe that to be "the best" and you'll be happy and you can start the next thread on what the "best" wheels are, the "best" handlebars, the "best" stem, and so on.

RAFIUDEEN

by RAFIUDEEN

get your point !!!
what do u think should be the criteria i should be laying out
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: PLEASE do not quote immediately preceding post. Thank you. PP

RAFIUDEEN

by RAFIUDEEN

bm0p700f wrote:The best is different for different people. It depends on preferenes so the question cannot be answered.

If you have a set of criteria to which people can give there respones to then the answer might be meaningful otherwise you will only get what others like without knowing there preferenes.

completely agreed a alloy century/race ready bike some what like the cervelo s1 have inclination on canyon ultimate al evo frame set
now seeing other responses like the rose rs frame set and storck visionire but like the rose before the storck

my issue i am from a country where i cannot test ride them before i buy so how do i do it i mostly want to use it for very long rides say from 200kms to 1500 kms brms

ergott

by ergott

The most important criteria you need to sort out is what frames will fit you best.

Then,

are you racing?
training?
do you want fenders?
wider tires?
WW bike?

so many variables.

RAFIUDEEN

by RAFIUDEEN

i could say not too aggressive frame nor the touring ones (loved the r 5 feel cervelo )
i would like to do brm's very long distance faster and stronger
no fenders tyres not more than 25 max wheel set rims want ot get one made with wi cx rays spoke and 23 by 28 deep rims
ride every day 50 kms and 100 week ends
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted quote. PP

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com