Assos FI.13_S5 bib question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PSM

by PSM

Regarding sizing. I am 183 cm/ 74 kg. I use XL in all my 4 Assos bibs. Just a note.

It is a pity that the old ones with silver inner thighs was discontinued. THAT padding "salmond" was outstanding.

LionelB

by LionelB

PSM wrote:Regarding sizing. I am 183 cm/ 74 kg. I use XL in all my 4 Assos bibs. Just a note.

It is a pity that the old ones with silver inner thighs was discontinued. THAT padding "salmond" was outstanding.

I still have one of those. I prefer the new pad actually.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PSM

by PSM

LionelB wrote:
PSM wrote:Regarding sizing. I am 183 cm/ 74 kg. I use XL in all my 4 Assos bibs. Just a note.

I still have one of those. I prefer the new pad actually.

Different people. Different needs. :)

LionelB

by LionelB

PSM wrote:Different people. Different needs. :)

Yep, the previous pad was still excellent for me, so they both fit me fine. BTW, that previous Bib is 9 years old and still looks very good after many many miles. So yes it's expensive but none of my other brands lastest anywhere near that. I currently rotate 5 Assos summer bibs and 2 winter ones, I am not sure when I am going to need to buy another pair :lol:

konky

by konky

I absolutely love the F1 13 jersey so very interested in the bibs. For me the jersey is head and shoulders better than the Mille jersey and in fact that's true of any other jersey i've tried. Haven't tried the Uno though. I like the Mille bibs, it doesn't seem the F1 13 bibs are much better from what people are saying.

One question though - which are the F1 13 bibs nearer in leg length to the Mille bibs, the medium or long?

poppiholla

by poppiholla

Yesterday I made the leap and bought a pair of black FI.13_s5 bibs with a nice discount. I am very very curious about this bib short and I hope that it is even better then the Mille_s5 that I love to wear.
The FI.13 has the same leg length as the normal Mille_s5 bib shorts. The long leg version of the Mille_s5 has longer leg length.
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

konky

by konky

Thanks poppiholla for info. I might try a pair myself.

Before the quite recent introduction of 2 sizes for the Mille bibs I'm sure they were too long for many guys with shorter legs. The now 'long' was the only choice. They were too long for me anyway.

poppiholla

by poppiholla

The regular Mille_s5 bib shorts have the normal leg length so these must be ok for you. If the regular leg length is too long then Assos bib shorts are maybe not suitable for you.
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

giant man

by giant man

I usually only buy Assos, and it has always been, and continues to be, very race specific in fit.

You have to get the right size to look right imo ... all very obvious I know, but particularly with Assos. Nice quality stuff, although I did prefer the older S2 insert personally.