Weight to bike weight ratio

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bobalou

by bobalou

HäddaFahn wrote:No offense superlite...but jesus christ 179 cm and 60 kg in weight...thats not healthy...really. You must look like a shadow...

Wow. That's 7 cm taller then Roberto Heras with the same weight. Superlight if you can lose 15lbs then perhaps you should be in the tour dude, assuming you have decent power output. Plus you're in Colorado which is like living in a natural altitude tent! Come out east and stomp the amature competition.

Superlite

by Superlite

No offense superlite...but jesus christ 179 cm and 60 kg in weight...thats not healthy...really. You must look like a shadow...

Dude, I'm probley more healty then you. :lol: Like I said, I have a small build. If I'm so unhealty how can I be in the top ten in the US for power lifting in my weight class? :roll: I seriously doubt anyone on this board is as strong as me ( I know thats a pretty big statement comming from a little guy), and many of you guys have 50 lbs or more on me. I'll post a pic of me if I have to prove it. I'm freakin ripped. And extremly healthy.

Who knows, maybe in a few years I'll be smokin Heras. :roll:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Please show us your photo! :shock:
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

HäddaFahn

by HäddaFahn

Are there any doping tests? :lol:

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Superlight-
don't worry about them doggin on you man, people (especially in the US) underestimate the importance of low body weight. As long as there isn't extreme dieting going on (which there doesn't seem to be in your case) EVERYONE should be trying to get to as low a weight as possible without sacrificing power/strength.

ras11

by ras11

maybe his scale is broken.. :roll:
:-) Toys-R-Us

Superlite

by Superlite

No offense superlite...but jesus christ 179 cm and 60 kg in weight...thats not healthy...really. You must look like a shadow...

HaddaFahn, you were saying? :wink: And no, I don't dope my blood. :roll:

Just a note, thats me before a work out so I'm not pumped yet. Also My body fat is "high" at the moment, I'm at 5.5%, during the season I'm around 3.5%. 8) And no "extreme dieting" is going on, I eat up to 5000 calories a day during the season. Ras11, trust me, my scale works fine.

Now you understand what I mean when I say I gotta lose weight? Only I don't want to cause then I won't be power lifting any more, and being nationally ranked is too good to give up.

So if your ever in Colorado and see a little guy on the bike, watch out!
Attachments
Body1.jpg
Body2.jpg

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Dude, you need to change your name.

Too much muscle to be Superlite! :D
Ride lightly!

Tim the Pineapple

by Tim the Pineapple

Whoah

Dude you got more muscle than me !

Im trying to get skinny but right now it hasnt been going well, i actully gained few pounds...

Man i really need to lose weight.

Hopefully i can get down to 175.

Tim the Pineapple

by Tim the Pineapple

Hmmm need to stop eating the sugar filled dole pineapple in cans...

Bruiser

by Bruiser

I know the problem, but how is your bike power?

Brian
Attachments
Abs.jpg

chart

by chart

Think about this, strength goes up in proportion to cross sectional area, whereas weight goes up in proportion to volume. So even though a heavier rider may be stronger, his mass goes up faster (length unit cubed versus length unit squared) than his strength. Similar for oxygen carrying capacity. The amount of blood a vessel can flow is proportional to it's cross sectional area. But the demand for oxygenated blood is proportional to muscle volume. The upshot, smaller is better.

Superlite

by Superlite

Hence why I'm trying to lose weight. :roll:

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

PLEASE PLEASE.....post pictures of bikes and parts, that is what this site is about. I really don't want to see pics of 1/2 naked men!!! Or at least post pictures of HOT cycling girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superlite

by Superlite

Dude, chill out, Haddafahn was saying I must be skin and bones, just proving otherwise. Your probley just jealous you don't have this killer bod. :lol:
Last edited by Superlite on Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com