Shimano R320 shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

upside

by upside

Heres a +1000 on prendrefeu's review. I have had many shoes and always went back to the S Works. I got a great buy on the 320's and gave then a try....loved them. I feel they are more secure and comfortable than the S Works. These also come in the wide (which I use)... I had to order a size down as they do run large.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boots2000

by boots2000

I have been on the 320 for almost 1 year.
1st I bought size 44.5, then 45- finally 45 wide when they came available.
I like almost everything about the shoe.
The only negative for me is the color- I don't mind the white but they need to change the color or the mesh. It looks like shit once the shoes get some wear on them.
I just got the XC90 MTB shoes- they come in all black and look great. I would rock a similar looking road shoe for sure.

rico

by rico

Shimano shoes =best shoes.

gjash

by gjash

Great shoes and worth the money. I'm sure it will take a year or two to improve the rubber on the heels popping off. I did abuse them a bit during a triathalon so can't actually complain.

Sent from my SC-04E using Tapatalk

philly

by philly

Just made the decision yesterday to buy the R320 in White. Couldnt be happier with the purchase and the fitment is much better than the Sidi's, Northwave and Mavic's I was also considering.

For anyone else considering it - just do it!

bombertodd

by bombertodd

Anyone try both Shimano r320 and Northwave (I have Aerolite's)? How is the sizing difference?

I live in Southern California and cannot find a shop that carries wide models. I wish bike shops would carry a wide shoe!

nutty

by nutty

bombertodd wrote:Anyone try both Shimano r320 and Northwave (I have Aerolite's)? How is the sizing difference?

I live in Southern California and cannot find a shop that carries wide models. I wish bike shops would carry a wide shoe!

I got a 42E new for sale!

bombertodd

by bombertodd

nutty wrote:
bombertodd wrote:Anyone try both Shimano r320 and Northwave (I have Aerolite's)? How is the sizing difference?

I got a 42E new for sale!

If it was a 44, I'd be logging into paypal right now...

austke

by austke

I have the limited edition blue R320.
Love the colour , and the fit.
2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0, 6.92kg
2013 Giant Defy Composite 2 M, 8.5kg - Wife's
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg
Miele Lupa Triple Tandem 38,89kg

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

I switched in February (2013). Best move I ever made. I recently picked up a pair of northwave extreme tech shoes (really cheap) and after 3 rides with them and then back to the 320's, it was no comparison. Sold the northwaves and found another pair of 320's ( at about 70% off ) and snatched those. No comparison. I've been thru bonts, mavics, northwaves, giros, and I think the road ends here.
Speedplay is the devil!

Guerdi

by Guerdi

You all seem to find those 320 with incredible bargains. Lucky you :D

I struggle to find them in E width at a reasonable price.

philly

by philly

Are you sure you need the E width? The standard ones have plenty of room as it stands. My feet are quite wide and i have no issues :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guerdi

by Guerdi

Not 100 % sure I'd need a E width, but in the past I've owned shimano shoes (r215, r215b and r300) and I've been very happy with the volume provided. That's what made me think I'd have them in E again.

KWalker

by KWalker

Does anyone know where you can get the cleat mount inserts? Mine came with a single hole insert for the rear 2 bolts and a double for the front bolt. I have found that I need the opposite, but they didn't come with any additional units and I can't tell how you'd be able to switch them out anyways.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lannes

by lannes

KWalker wrote:Does anyone know where you can get the cleat mount inserts? Mine came with a single hole insert for the rear 2 bolts and a double for the front bolt. I have found that I need the opposite, but they didn't come with any additional units and I can't tell how you'd be able to switch them out anyways.

You can carefully pick out the the small red inserts (with a small jewellery screw driver and move them around), this allows you you move the rear screw mounts backwards or forwards, then you just need to replace the read inserts into position, either 2 in front or 2 behind the screw thread.