Interbike requests

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

agfu

by agfu

Thanks Madcow!

carbon2329

by carbon2329

It dosen't look like Storck has a booth, but are they showing any of their bikes in other booths?

I would like to see the 0.6 & the new Aernario aero road.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

madcow wrote:Agfu nothing new from ee until 2014. They are in between production cycles more brakes will be available in the next few weeks. Only change will be a spacing one otherwise they are still the same.
Does the EE crank count as being "new"? It's hard to say as it's old in the sense of having long been promised, but would be new(ly available) if actually made available. Anyhow, I take your statement as implying the EE crank will not be available anytime soon.

refthimos

by refthimos

Alchemy hubs. The ORC-UL and the new ELF front hub.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

Roobay

by Roobay

shillc wrote:The Parlee Z Zero!
I may have to finally sign up for Facebook.
Any chance of posting here or on twitter?

Many thanks.

+1 but no facey ever!
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

airsoft510

by airsoft510

Shimano Alfine di2 info and weight :wink:

TTP

by TTP

Any lefty hubs, wheels...

milkbaby

by milkbaby

No booth babes over there? :grin:

sent by tapatalk because my computer is a paperweight

elviento

by elviento

there r actually some really nice ones downstairs. i will try to take a few pics just for u. :lol:

milkbaby wrote:No booth babes over there? :grin:

sent by tapatalk because my computer is a paperweight
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

I tried to fit in as much as I could but most of my appointments took longer than expected so I didn't get to that many different places. As for some of the specific requests:

Ypsylon wrote:2013 colorways of the Castelli San Remo Speedsuit would be sweet. :mrgreen:

Castelli was at the show but didn't have anything other than one or two pieces on display, the rest were in meeting rooms so no pictures.

Cheers! wrote:pictures of the new chris king limited edition anodized purple parts!

King was not at the show only at outdoor demo.

Ozrider wrote:Hi Jason
Any info on a Parlee aero road bike. Is this the Z0 or is there an additional bike down the line as well as the Z0?
Also pics / info on the new Alchemy hubs

Cheers

The Z-Zero is really nice. Looks like a Z5 but with subtle tube changes and custom geometry. The bb is co-molded into the seat tube, headset cups are molded into the headtube. All the tubes and pieces are made in the U.S. by Enve. I've seen reported weights of 850grams, but should be starting at about 740 grams. Think of it as an upgraded Z5 with limitless options. I'm pretty excited to get one.

carbon2329 wrote:It dosen't look like Storck has a booth, but are they showing any of their bikes in other booths?

I would like to see the 0.6 & the new Aernario aero road.

Storck is not showing. I got pictures at a private meeting we had arranged. The Aernario is really nice. Visibly it doesn't look as aero as some others, but from what I gather it's built on the same idea as Firecrest/Enve Smart system which is optimizing for wind at yaw. I'd really like to see some numbers to see how it compares to others but expect it to do quite well.

refthimos wrote:Alchemy hubs. The ORC-UL and the new ELF front hub.

Alchemy also was not at the show.

airsoft510 wrote:Shimano Alfine di2 info and weight :wink:

Can't say too much on this right now. But I do have a pre-production group coming for a project we're working on, so I'll have lots of info about it shortly.

djconnel

by djconnel

CharlesM wrote:It's pretty...

Hit the ENVE booth.

Damn. I should have checked here first.... I missed it.

Then again, I also shouldn't have missed the Enve booth...

djconnel

by djconnel

Juanmoretime wrote:Anything new and light on cranks and seatposts with setback would be appreciated! All appropriate specifications too.

I didn't see any light cranks. Not much on light parts. Best weenie part I saw was the Ultralite Cirrus Ti pedals.

djconnel

by djconnel

Another highlight: Tiso had a display with a Dura-Ace pulley, a SRAM pulley, a Campy pulley, and some of theirs. As expected, the Dura-Ace didn't spin. The SRAM and Campy spun for 1-2 seconds, also as expected. When I spun the Tiso, I almost got tired waiting for it to stop. I broke out laughing, and I got an ugly stare from the Italian manning the booth. But it was very impressive.

Drivetrain losses in Dura-Ace are significant according to my modeling, but SRAM is sufficiently good that even eliminating all pully friction is only a small improvement. Still, I was very impressed.

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

DIdnt know whether or not to post this here or in the freaks topic.....
It's quite the hog of a stem but it houses a modified EPS battery unit from Calfee. I guess someone had to do it eventually.

Via bikerumor...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

One more highlight.

I met with the folks at ACROS to talk about their hydraulic drivetrain system. I asked about Road as well.
Most likely 2013 for an ACROS Road group (everything but the cranks). Hydraulic Road brakes will be available as both disc and rim options.
It will be very, very light.
And it will be expensive.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.