I’m hoping that the collective knowledge of the forum can help me sort out an issue I’m having with a rear hub and dropouts.
So as the title says I’m having a problem with my rear hub slipping in my rear dropouts when cycling, here are the details
I have no reason to think there's anything wrong with the frame or hubs so I'm a little mystified.
- Frame: 2014 Colnago C59, have had for less than 6 months. Slipping has always occurred but I assumed it was a skewers/hub issue.
- Hub: now a brand new Chris King R45, previously had a Tune Mag 170, had the same issue with both. (for completeness the rim is a 28 hole ambrosia excellite and the spokes were Sapim Super CX Rays with the Tune hub, and now Sapim CX Rays with the Chris King hub)
- Skewers: were originally a pair of carbonsports lightweight skewers. I thought these were the issue as they are very light weight, I changed these to a set of Enve Titanium Skewers.
- Issue often occurs when I’m moving off and accelerating or when going up a hill. It’s noticeable as the rim jams against the brake pad and I can feel the resistance.
- The quick release is as tight as I can close it, and more than I believe should be required.
- I’m 72kg and 6ft
- I’ve cleaned the dropouts to remove any dirt or oil.
- Attached is a picture of the dropout which I’m having a problem with.
Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be the cause or what I can eliminate or try next?
Thanks for your help!