HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:31 pm
Posts: 34
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Hey,

Thinking of getting a new frame this winter. Right now I'm riding a 2007 Look 595 (XS). Total bike weight stands at 12.6 lbs.

What are some lighter frame/fork/post combos I can get for around $4000?

Thanks!


there are multitudes of topics on this


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:32 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:31 pm
Posts: 34
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
If I got a used Cervelo R3-SL, put a light fork and seatpost on it...would that be a good option?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:15 pm
Posts: 177
Not sure of exact weight of that frame, but online it says 1040g.

I'd say if you want to keep the same aesthetics of the frame, a Parlee Z5 would be a good choice, and be 250-300g lighter probably.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:31 pm
Posts: 34
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
2011 wrote:
Not sure of exact weight of that frame, but online it says 1040g.

I'd say if you want to keep the same aesthetics of the frame, a Parlee Z5 would be a good choice, and be 250-300g lighter probably.


The Parlee Z5 SL is in the mix. The Cervelo R3-SL is supposed to be sub-800g.

http://www.bicycling.com/gearfinderproductdetail?gfid=12015"%20onclick="window.open(this.href);return%20false;"%20onclick="window.open(this.href);return%20false;


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:25 pm
Posts: 26
teamtrinity wrote:
Hey,

Thinking of getting a new frame this winter. Right now I'm riding a 2007 Look 595 (XS). Total bike weight stands at 12.6 lbs.

What are some lighter frame/fork/post combos I can get for around $4000?

Thanks!


That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. I have a very light $1 bill (i cut the corners off) that I'll trade you for $100 bill.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:31 pm
Posts: 34
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
StefanG wrote:
teamtrinity wrote:
Hey,

Thinking of getting a new frame this winter. Right now I'm riding a 2007 Look 595 (XS). Total bike weight stands at 12.6 lbs.

What are some lighter frame/fork/post combos I can get for around $4000?

Thanks!


That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. I have a very light $1 bill (i cut the corners off) that I'll trade you for $100 bill.


Well, my Look is starting to look a little beat up. I want a new frame. I like light bikes. So I might as well shop for one lighter than my Look.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:42 pm
Posts: 94
Is there any reason not to get a Cannondale Evo other than it's way under budget? Isn't there an even more expensive, even lighter, version coming out soon too?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:25 pm
Posts: 26
teamtrinity wrote:
Well, my Look is starting to look a little beat up. I want a new frame. I like light bikes. So I might as well shop for one lighter than my Look.


Fair enough. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:18 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 7:13 am
Posts: 1510
The Cervelo R3-SL is certainly a light frame(~800 grams for a 56), and most modern frames don't really rival it. Though, many seem to prefer the stouter rides of the current Cervelo's with BBright and oversized steerer tube. Personally, I'm not too caught up on uber-stiffness but may be something to consider.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: EightFiveTwo, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], hilts and 52 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. $1,000 to spend on a race frame <1,000g - suggestions?

[ Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ]

in Road

syncmaster

61

4220

Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:14 pm

n808 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Seeking a lighter Mavic freehub

in Road

jsjenkins

5

572

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:43 pm

coloclimber View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Lighter Ergopower clamp options?

in Road

RedRacer

3

295

Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:37 pm

drainyoo View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Lighter Housing: Aican Bungarus or Powercordz Swift?

in Road

drainyoo

11

862

Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:36 pm

drainyoo View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Upgrade Shimano Ultegra 6800 crankset for something lighter?

in Road

dwmark2

10

4710

Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:25 pm

Denavelo View the latest post


It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:34 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB