Dura ace 7900 front brake installation issue

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

amey

by amey

Even when I tighten the front brake (DA7900) it moves around but the part shown in red doesent .. whats wrong?

I tried with different length brake bolts at the right torque.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

campagnolo321

by campagnolo321

.. whats wrong?

Lack of mechanical skills ;-)

Only kidding dude, just my sense of humor, or lack of !

Seriously though, at a guess it could be the main brake centre bolt is bottoming out on the inside of the recessed brake nut before it takes up the play and tightens against the fork.

I would try a shorter brake nut just to be sure or very carefully remove a few mm's from the nut itself, maybe just 1 or 2 mil at first, or take to LBS.

Just my 2 cents worth ( €uro cents not USA cents )

amey

by amey

I tried 2 different brake nuts and with 80% and 100% torque. The lock nut stays stable and the brake moves around the brake nut axle.
The lock nut can be loosened by the small allen nut at the top which I have tightened but still the same issue.
I am trying to make sense of this link atm: http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-hel ... ke-service

964Cup

by 964Cup

Take the brake off, thread the nut on and check there's no play. If the bolt is solid, use a shorter nut. It's not the torque, it's whether the lip of the nut is engaging with the frame before the nut reaches the end of the thread.

amey

by amey

I took it to my LBS (http://www.fitzroviabicycles.com/) and they took the brake off and tightened the nut with an adjustable wrench and now its solved; works perfectly! :D