Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

eric wrote:
prendrefeu wrote:Xiamen FarSports offers a pre-built wheelset at 1100g, full carbon clincher.

Their 50mm deep carbon clincher wheels are more like 1300g.

Yes, and if you see my previous posting in this very same thread I stated exactly that. :lol:

Here is a link to their 1100g wheelset, which if you looked back at the thread you'll see why I brought that up in the first place. It was a comparison to the lightest alloy-equivalent which would be at 1200g.

So we both agree. :wink:
:beerchug:

EDIT!! Just heard from FarSports, the 1100g clincher is out of stock and won't be produced anytime soon. :evil:
Oh well.
It did exist though.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Giant DK

by Giant DK

eigner wrote:I had 3 flats on brand new Vittoria open Corsa evo 320tpi in one race. Today i flatted 2 times just on the 20km easy ride to todays race... The tiny flint that are scattered all over the roads in Denmark just cut through tyres like a hot knife through butter!

Yip, we do have many more flats here in Denmark but I also think you just have bad luck. I the last two seasons I have had one flat on Vittoria Corsa Evo CX and SC. I have also had very bad luck with clinchers...
Techn writer at Velomore Denmark

My Simplon Pavo II

spytech

by spytech

prendrefeu wrote:
EDIT!! Just heard from FarSports, the 1100g clincher is out of stock and won't be produced anytime soon. :evil:
Oh well.
It did exist though.

that is because they never existed - not 1100g version, they did @ 1230g though here they are, same wheel-set verified on a scale.

now that, that is taken care of, back to topic and zipps. i think the 202, is zipp's best wheelset for everyday riding. if they are coming in at 1328g, even better - not too far from the xentis 1250g squad 2.5 wheel-set weight; and those are 25mm not wide or aero wheels with full ceramic bearings.

munk93

by munk93

Giant DK wrote:
eigner wrote:I had 3 flats on brand new Vittoria open Corsa evo 320tpi in one race. Today i flatted 2 times just on the 20km easy ride to todays race... The tiny flint that are scattered all over the roads in Denmark just cut through tyres like a hot knife through butter!

Yip, we do have many more flats here in Denmark but I also think you just have bad luck. I the last two seasons I have had one flat on Vittoria Corsa Evo CX and SC. I have also had very bad luck with clinchers...

I had one flat on Veloflex carbon last year, and one this year. Both on the back. The tire on the frontwheel is going on it's 5th season now.
On the clincher site, I had 3 flats this year. Last one was a large stone, resulting in a crash. But yes Denmark isn't the best place for tubulars.

biky

by biky

blablablablabla

your a real man when you ride tubes
your a real cyclist when you break your collarbone
they are way to expencive
you should better buy.............

they are zipps, they are wide they are cool and they cost a lot.......they are zipps
Tarmac SL2
Epic 2009