Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Fri May 27, 2016 7:40 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED

If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:10 pm 

Just wondering if there's any owner here in WW who wanna share their opinion about this frame as I've got offered a good deal on one.
What's giving me some doubts is the rear brake placing.
Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:10 pm 

Perhaps some owners are not frequenting the forums enough to have seen your thread?

Maybe try getting in touch with a few of the reacto owneers, per the gallery, via pm?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=125546
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=133406
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=128065

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:16 am 

Hi there, I have proudly owned a Reacto 7000 since April 2015. Bought it after owning a 7kg chinese disc brake roadie with SRAM for 2 years and wanted a production fast road bike and it is fast, not a relaxed sportive frame, rather nearly a TT frame.

Bought the Reacto after seeing it and test riding in LBS and then reading a few reviews on it.

The direct mount brakes are very powerful with great modulation especially in the wet.

Not sure about the concerns for the rear brake ? Both direct mount brakes are very powerful compared to a standard caliper style, and the rear brake under the (massive) BB occasionally might get a stone or grit in it , maybe twice in six months of riding, adjusting the rear brake is super easy, just flip the bike onto its seat and handlebars on a towel to protect them, then the brake is fully in view

I am not sure why some people think an under the BB brake is an issue, it seems that once someone says something bad about them then people suspect issues. I rate it highly, super powerful.

Look up tour magazine wind tunnel test for a recent review of many frames. Reacto is up there with Cervelo S5 which is saying something.

Look up youtube, REACTO for some great footage on it. Tour de france 2015 stage 16 on youtube,
last 20km were epic Ruben Plaza wins on Reacto

For approx $2000 USD I picked up the Reacto 7000, full Ultegra group with Ultegra direct mount brakes , ROTOR cranks and Fulcrum 35mm rims.

Value for money is excellent, and the ride does not disappoint. I am an average cyclist, and the bike comfortably maintains 32-40kmh speeds in normal riding , out of the saddle sprinting is great with instant response due to the solid rear triangle. Honestly have set some great PBs on strava , the new bike syndrome definitely helped.

Merida Youtube channel lists the Reacto as essentially the rear design of the TT warp bike and a more relaxed front end. My one runs 25mm tires at 90psi most days and it is super comfortable on longer rides. Next upgrade for mine will be some aero extension bars and possible 56mm carbons and then ROTOR powermeter or Power2max.

No regrets, love it, it is a fast bike and holds speeds well. Not the lightest bike though. If I had to buy it again I honestly would. And of course Ultegra 11 speed is as smooth as butter after 3 years on SRAM enjoyed the change.

Merida have got their tech and design right up there, the REACTO will last me for many years I have no doubt.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:20 pm 

Great write up. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:11 pm 

i have a 2014 Merida Reacto 905 (which is now the Reacto 5000) I used it since September 2014. I believe it was the year which the frame is the same as the "pro frame"
http://road.cc/content/news/111255-firs ... o-evo-team

From year 2015, from what I understand, the frame models are differentiated using different carbon layup and type of carbon, the lower end models uses a cheaper carbon layup while the higher end uses a more expensive carbon,

to give a comparsion, the reacto 905 MRSP in my country is around 4.1K SGD while the Reacto 5000 MRSP is at 2.8k SGD

MRSP was approx 3300 USD (equivalent at that time) but I got it for much lesser, it was a full ultegra groupset (minus the crank which was a FSA energy 24mm),brakes are 105 direct mount and Fulcurm Racing Quattro

The placement of the rear brake is at the bottom next to the bottom bracket, it has not given any problems so far, dirt doesnt affect performance of the brakes and the quick release of the brakes is located at the top on the handlebar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:46 pm 

Hi, i briefly worked for a pro-tour team and had lots of chances to ride the Reacto Evo team issue.
I rode the S5 and (old) Venge also and can report that there is no discernible difference between these bikes, as they are all excellent and too good for us punters :-) The Reacto Evo acted like on rails and was compliant enough for an aero frame.
Don't forget that Merida owns half of Specialized and they make good bikes.
Their only issue is branding and bad graphics.
İ say go for it, it's a good bike!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:53 pm 

tmr5555 wrote:
Don't forget that Merida owns half of Specialized and they make good bikes.
Their only issue is branding and bad graphics.
İ say go for it, it's a good bike!

+1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:51 pm 

Plaintrobbi, where did you find the Reacto 7000 for around $2000 USD? I am looking for one from a reputable online dealer. I appreciate any suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:08 pm 

Re the pricing, I am in QLD Australia. We have a local bike shop called 99 Bikes, I paid approx 2400AUD which at the time with the low exchange rate was around 2000USD, now its closer to 1800USD :( . Completely happy though with the specs I got though. Fantastic frame with direct mount brakes (apparantly direct mount calipers have less flex so more force is transmitted for less lever effort) and Rotor chainset with massive BB which I will add Powermeter to at next tax return haha. Happy with mechanical ultegra 11spd, love the feel of it , very precise shifting esp front shifting. It is about the bike this time, the Reacto rocks hahaha. Only thing I might do is change the handlebar to an aero carbon bar with internal cable routing like the new S5 bar or 3T aeronova bar.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:52 am 

I like the frame shape but the colourways are a little uninspiring - the standard colours are a little plain, but the lampre colours are a bit over the top. Reviews sound very good to me though - it's on the short list with the propel for relatively cheap off-the-shelf aero.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:06 am 

Does anyone have verified frame / fork weights (of any size) for the Reacto EVO ?