where are Cinelli top-end frames made?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fivethirtyonepm

by fivethirtyonepm

i have a 2012 Pro Best Of which uses Columbus XLR8R carbon tubing and a Columbus Genius fork.

simple question... where is it made?

my guess is Taiwan rather than Italy, but I simply don't know.

info seem a little scarce... i have only just found out where the frame number is hidden (even the importer didn't know until they emailed Cinelli)... inside the bottom bracket shell!

absolutely love the thing, even if it a bit on the lardy side when you spec it up with ram bar/stem and bullet ultra wheels.

cheers

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Columbus make there carbon efforts. Columbus do all there own stuff don't they?

As for Cinelli steel top end steel frames given there price I hope they are made in Italy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boolinwall

by boolinwall

I had a Cinelli spirit a few years back and it was indeed an italian job. And as pointed out. Columbus and cinelli are one in the same. Cinelli actually makes alot of the "made in italy" bikes you see that are made of metal. Your Guerciotti, Ciocc etc. frames have been pretty much all Cinelli made in recent years.
Keep in mind. If you bought it in North America. It's country of origin is supposed to be on it. Mind you, that doesn't mean it will. My Dedacciai frame had no markings on it, and I promise it wasn't italian.