Evo Buildlist - WWYD?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tosterbe

by tosterbe

I ended up winning a contest with Cannondale and a EVO framset is on its way to me this fall. So the build planning is in full swing.
I'm going for a lightweight build that will be for road races plus long training rides. The crit bike will remain the trusty system six.

So far, the build is:
SRAM Red RD/FD/Shifters/Cassette/Chain
Planet X brakes
Speedplay Zeros with 'aftermarket' spindles
Fizik Aliante
Alligator iLinks

I'm looking at the cockpit options and I'd like some input from the WW world. Looks like there is about a $200 USD difference in going with an ENVE vs. Easton cockpit (stem, bars, seatpost). I also looked at Ritchey as an option. Seems to be about the same price as Easton but a bit heavier.

My current system six has a -5/100 with 42cm bars. I'd like to keep as close to this as possible. Looking at the math is what attracted me to the easton ec90sl 0 degree stem. How stout is this compared to the beefy system six/control tech monster I'm using now?

What other options should I consider for the cockpit if the goal was to keep the price at under 750 USD?

Zen Cyclery
Shop Owner

by Zen Cyclery

With regards to the cockpit components, I think the Enve components would be superior. They will ride no differently than the Eastons, but the warranty is enough of a reason to spend the extra $200. Oh and congrats on winning the contest!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by 2011

I personally ride full ENVE stem/bars/seatpost. Weight aside, I just find their parts some of the finest made carbon parts on the market and every aesthetically pleasing.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

How about thomson. they have new light bars -195g claimed for a 42cm bar. There stems a quite light and the masterpiece seatpost is also pretty light.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

im using the new ultimate evo bar and I love it. Not sure about the drop and reach though you would need to check that.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.