78.74 cm inseam, whats your seat hihght

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wingguy

by wingguy

I have nothing constructive to add, but I would like to know what device you used to accurately measure your inseam to within a tenth of a millimeter? :P

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ecguevara

by ecguevara

There is no single position on the saddle. Depending on your riding position - on the bars, on the hoods, or on the drops, the point of contact of your pelvis moves along the saddle. The more aggressive your position, the further forward it will be.

timzcat

by timzcat

Find biomechanicalcyclingv8 posted on this site. It is quite accurate. It is almost dead on for me and my inseam is 90cm and I am only 5'9" so it reports my setback as 9.4cm.
My fitter says my setback is 10cm where I measure it at 8.5cm. His measurement is probably more accurate then mine though.

Colonia

by Colonia

timzcat wrote:Find biomechanicalcyclingv8 posted on this site. It is quite accurate. It is almost dead on for me and my inseam is 90cm and I am only 5'9" so it reports my setback as 9.4cm.
My fitter says my setback is 10cm where I measure it at 8.5cm. His measurement is probably more accurate then mine though.

I've never found that spreadsheet to be accurate. Mostly because it attemtps to merge fitting systems that don't work together. The result for anyone with long legs is a big 70's-style frame with a shorter-than-avg. stem. Saddle setback is largely a function of femur length, and long legs don't necessarily equal long femur.

Out of curiousity, if you are that height with that inseam and that setback, then what size frame are you running? You'd have to be either running a large frame to match your legs with crazy-short stem, or a normal size frame to match your height with non-standard, large-setback seatpost.

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

just took some measurements, so the saddle is at 68.5 cc to top of saddle, measuring along the seat tube, the saddle setback is a 8.5, but as I have mentioned earlier, Im going to move the saddle forward, I found my self sliding way forward when doing a hammer fest ride with a friend, spinning though was very good

my stem is a 110mm

timzcat

by timzcat

@Colonia

It is the larger frame option. I am on a 56cm frame.
My seatpost is 25mm setback and it is almost maxed out. My saddle height is 740 and I have it a little on the low side because I tend to toe down (or heal up at the bottom of the stroke).
Stem is a 90mm but I have Zipp traditional bend so a good amount of reach and drop.
I had a 54 previously and my bar drop was absurd. With a 56 I can just get lower naturally instead of always being forced into the position.