Deda's new stem and handlebar

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

irongatsby

by irongatsby

irongatsby wrote:My 44 came in at 186gImage

pje0713 wrote:I can confirm the 31.7 44cm superleggera is 185g.

Martin.F wrote:For people wondering, the weight of a 42cm (outside - outside) 31.7mm superleggera bar is 181 grams - as advertised.

The stem looks great on your Parlee. How do you like those Thomson bars?

carlislegeorge

by carlislegeorge

Pretty happy with the Thomson bars, light and stiff and all that you'd expect. Ovalization on the tops really fits my hand well. But to be honest, I think I prefer a little flatter on the corner transition to the hoods to make a more ideal resting spot for the hands. That's just personal preference, though, to which I'd been acclimated with previous bars.
2011 Tarmac Pro SL3 Project Black (gone but not forgotten)
2012 Parlee Z5 SLi (just because)
2014 Colnago C59 (why not)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dtddiver

by dtddiver

I added a Superleggero to the bike the other day, a really really nice looking stem. It feels properly stiff as well. 110mm, 108 grammes on the kitchen scale.

Scoops

by Scoops

Finally got my bars today. 42cm weighing in at 178gs.

Anyone wrapped them yet? Any hints and photos would be appreciated

project3

by project3

wonder really worth to change my deda 35 carbon to deda 35 superlegerra and save about 30g :noidea:

ferrarista

by ferrarista

dtddiver wrote:Image

Nice bike dtddiver!!

My superleggero BOB 100mm weighs in at 107gr. Still haven't installed as i'm waiting my frame to get back from the painters.
██

cerro

by cerro

dtddiver: Lovely bike, what bar is that? size? weight? An own thread?

OwenJames

by OwenJames

Hi

I have the Superleggero/a bars and stem. Really excellent kit.

I also have a tip for you, regarding the finish/paint;

1. The stem is finished really nicely, with a mat and gloss finish that looks suitably expensive. The logos on the stem can be removed with very careful scalpel work, if you so desire, and do not affect the main paint work underneath; I removed the Italian flags on either side of my stem as they did not go with the Union Jack I have on the rear of my seattube ;)

2. The bars have a plasticy, cheap flat/mat looking black finish, which does not go well with the stem, in my opinion. I was not happy with this, so decided to try to do something about it. Well, it turns out that you can get these bars to a super high gloss finish by using Quixx Paint Scratch Remover! Apply Polish 1 and rub all over gently for a few minutes. Don't push mega-hard, but don't be too light either. Keep wiping off the Polish 1 cream to check the level off polish you have achieved. When you are happy with how glossy you have got it, apply Polish 2, and this will make it even more shiny!

I did this last week and have gone on some extremely sweaty rides with the bars and the gloss finish has not faded at all, after using this method.

Hope that helps.

r_mutt

by r_mutt

cerro wrote:dtddiver: Lovely bike, what bar is that? size? weight? An own thread?

Looks like a Deda Newton Deep.

redhed18

by redhed18

Are they increasing the clamp height for 2014 ?

2014 catalog: http://www.dedaelementi.com/download/2014_DEDA_ELEMENTI_new-PRODUCTS_August2013.pdf

Clamp height: 40 mm

compared to current 2013 product webpage

Clamp Height: 36 mm

OwenJames

by OwenJames

Nice to see there is a matching SuperLeggero seat post. Will be getting that for sure.

OwenJames

by OwenJames

Also, anybody who has bought and fitted the Superleggera bars; can you post a picture of them on your bike? I want to see what angle you have the bars at, as I have still not managed to get them how I want them, despite having Zero100's before, which are supposed to be the same shape...

LionelB

by LionelB

redhed18 wrote:Are they increasing the clamp height for 2014 ?

2014 catalog: http://www.dedaelementi.com/download/2014_DEDA_ELEMENTI_new-PRODUCTS_August2013.pdf

Clamp height: 40 mm

compared to current 2013 product webpage

Clamp Height: 36 mm

This is most likely a typo, the stem looks unchanged to me.

cerro

by cerro

OwenJames wrote:Also, anybody who has bought and fitted the Superleggera bars; can you post a picture of them on your bike? I want to see what angle you have the bars at, as I have still not managed to get them how I want them, despite having Zero100's before, which are supposed to be the same shape...

That's how my bar looks. Love it. Got a Extralite Roadstem OC for it now that fits perfect (seatpost also changed for an AX Daedalus). Great quality on the handlebar.

LionelB

by LionelB

OwenJames wrote:Nice to see there is a matching SuperLeggero seat post. Will be getting that for sure.

Anyone knows if any retailer carries this seatpost already ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com