fsa bb86/ultegra c.set do they work together.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SDP

by SDP

Fsa omega bb86 bottom bracket...ultrgra 6700 cranks?do they work together?
Getting my partner a giant defy 3 with a fsa omega compact BUT im wanting to use the ultegra compact c.set
Will it work with this bb or do i need to order some new bearings.?
Ive done a search but inconclusive

Thx in advance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheWizard3000

by TheWizard3000

Yes, I'm fairly certain that should work, I'm running Ultegra 6700 cranks on a BB86 shimano pressfit and believe it will work equally well; however haven't used an FSA BB86.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

I'm wondering if they'll work the other way around, a Shimano BB86 with a SRAM GXP/FSA crank
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

system787

by system787

The drive side bearing will work. GXP nds spindles are tapered down to a smaller diameter iirc

ms6073

by ms6073

As long as the bb86 pressfit adapters are not for FSA K-Force Light or SLK Light, then there should be no issues with Shimano cranks. I learned the hardway while trying to find more economical hybrid ceramics, that the spindle of the FSA K-Force Light and SLK Light cranksets are ~.5mm larger in diameter thus will not fit into a BB86 pressfit adapter that is designed for Shimano Hollowtech II spindles.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"