SRAM chainring and front derailleur problems

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bluhorizan

by bluhorizan

Recently purchased a new Cannondale EVO with SRAM red group. Shifting was a bit rough on first ride with chain rub on front derailleur in highest gear with large chain ring/small rear cog or small compact front chain ring mid rear cog. Have ridden about 100 miles since then and brought to LBS yesterday for adjustment. Diagnosis is that front large chain ring is "warped". Recommend getting rid of front chain rings for Praxis and replacing front SRAM titanium front derailleur with steel version. LBS reports lots of problems with these SRAM components. Should SRAM chain rings be covered under warranty? Any suggestions or similar experiences?

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Yes, SRAM should warranty that if new from the LBS. I used to run a titanium cage Red RD. Going to steel was definitely an improvement. It was flaky/hit and miss when going up to the big ring. I run Qrings also, no problems with Sram Red with a steel cage now.

I thought awhile back I heard if people complained to SRAM about it, they would send them a steel cage for the FD?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Sram make of alot of things out of a soft cheese including there MTB rear mech jockey wheels.