2013 Cervelo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Permon

by Permon

HarryS wrote:The silver R3 is a nice change from the black frame trend, but its spoiled by the tacky typeface and red accents. Could have really worked well with some black logos that took longer than an hour to design.

Excuse the quick photoshop work but here it is without the red R3 logos.

silverr3 by Harry Shaud, on Flickr

See the bike in the background? It is a silver-black-white....looks a little bit better than the silver-black-red paintjob.

Anyway, I love the R3 team current painjob (2011/2012). One of the best Cervelo ever made!
So, I hope for a decent discount for the current painjob, when the new one comes to dealers :-)

grymg

by grymg

Ugh, the new paint jobs suck. They should toss them like this!! :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Permon

by Permon

There are more pics from Cervelo cataloque here:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowt ... nd_pricing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)_P4107068-4

Good to see that R3 will be available also in black, not the crazy silver.
See the price of the R3 with Shimano 105? It is 2600$....wow! In 2012 only framesets costs 2400$.
What will be the price of frameset itself in 2013?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Fixed your link for you:

http://tiny.cc/Cervelo2013SlowTwitch
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

drewb

by drewb

A dissenting voice here, but I think the paints look brilliant. Especially the S5 VWD and the S3 & S2. Not so much the R3

The black on black thing is slightly too popular to be cool (witness Oxford St Cafes here in sydney to see 1000 people in black gear riding black bikes), so away we go with colours again. I predict day-glow within 2 years.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

drewb wrote:I predict day-glow within 2 years.

The trend is here....see Specialized US Olympic bikes and the Scott Foil 30 that is flouro yellow.

Also, it is funny how everyone at Slowtwitch is drooling over the new schemes as we are almost universally hating on them.

SSB

by SSB

Colour seems to be popular amongst the tri crowd. I've seen quite a few triathletes have their Cervelo's painted in all kinds of funky colours.

Now that I've seen more of it, the S5 looks passable. The new colours seem to hide that awful transition from the top tube to seat stays on the larger frame sizes.
Flickr
2012 Cannondale CAAD10

NGMN

by NGMN

this is somewhat besides the point but btompkins, there is fairly universal dislike at ST as well...

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I guess you are right.....my admittedly cursory initial inspection does appear to be somewhat flawed upon a more in depth review of the posts. I saw the specific page had many who were in favor.

JWolf

by JWolf

Why is everything matte or black and white now. I wish we could get some nice bright colors back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

maquisard

by maquisard

I'd love a fluor yellow Cervélo.

natiedean24

by natiedean24

The 2007 R3 was the best paintjob, in my opinion, for Cervelo bikes. They have been mostly downhill since then:

headwind816

by headwind816

I think the R3 black with white logos looks fine. I also think the price point has me thinking that I may be purchasing my first ever Cervelo in the future.

Rashadabd

by Rashadabd

That is one interesting point: if the R3 with 105 is going to be $2,600 complete, the frameset alone has to be pretty affordable (for a bike of that caliber). That might be a worthwhile pick up for some regardless of how one feels about the new paint.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Sand paper and razor blades.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com