2013 Cervelo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

jmilliron wrote:Maybe they'll look more attractive with better light and quality photography. :|

That's like wondering if the girl your hitting on in the dark dingy bar that looks like a 5 is actually closer to an 8 in broad day light...not going to happen, sorry
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

fa63

by fa63

:D

Yeah, those are butt ass ugly.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

jmilliron wrote:Maybe they'll look more attractive with better light and quality photography. :|

I think this is a possibility, but it is hard to tell. Everything but the R3 may look better with better lighting and photography as you pointed out, but the graphics on their own are disappointing. Still, they can look better than what we are seeing.

As for the R3 - I'm not so sure this can improve too much. The surface does not indicate that it would be a faux-chrome finish that we're seeing from other brands. Instead, it looks like a dull metallic finish. That will remain disappointing.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

I like the R5 and S2. Not really anything else. So disappointing, Cervelo. The goddamn logos are HUGEEEEEEEE. Smaller, not bigger is the key. The R3's color, meeeeh. And some of the color panel shapes, like that on the S5 and P2 look just plain odd. Seriously, I wonder who the people who give input on whether they like the graphics are. Average schmuck off the street?

refthimos

by refthimos

I'm sure not gonna run out and swap my 2012 S5 Team for one of these new models, that's for sure, but at least on the S bikes, I am pretty sure that Cervelo is responding to the criticism of the extra-long head tubes (at least on the larger sizes) by keeping that area black and then using color on the seat tube to pull your eye that direction. I actually think that concept is a sound one, as indeed, to my eyes the head tube is less noticeable with these new paint schemes, but these definitely look like Look logoing gone wrong.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

nagge

by nagge

This sure is disappointing, I had my my mind set on a S5 for next year and was only waiting for them to unveil it. And this is what they've come up with...
SuperSix EVO III Ultegra 8070

by 2011

Funny how the bars are poorly 1/2 wrapped on the R5CA. Maybe it was to save some weight. If you're putting your new bikes on display though, you probably want them to look the best possible.

djconnel

by djconnel

R5CA looks good, anyway :).
Logo on R5 is way too large -- looks cheap, as if logo is compensating for something else. Otherwise not too bad.
All others, I agree, are ugly.

SSB

by SSB

2011 wrote:Funny how the bars are poorly 1/2 wrapped on the R5CA. Maybe it was to save some weight. If you're putting your new bikes on display though, you probably want them to look the best possible.

LOL. Notice the saddle to bar drop on the display bikes. I don't think even members of Garmin Sharp have that level of drop on their bikes, let alone 99% of the clientele these bikes are going to be sold to.

(I'm not laughing at anyone by the way, I'm slow as a snail and don't slam my stem.)
Flickr
2012 Cannondale CAAD10

refthimos

by refthimos

2011 wrote:Funny how the bars are poorly 1/2 wrapped on the R5CA. Maybe it was to save some weight. If you're putting your new bikes on display though, you probably want them to look the best possible.

From the wheels and component choices on that bike, I am pretty sure that is an ultra-light show build. I suspect one of the next photos of it will be of the bike hanging from a gram scale.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

wingguy

by wingguy

Why are the bad men trying to make baby Jesus cry? :cry:

CerveloBert

by CerveloBert

How disappointing. I really like the classic look of Cervelo. I thought the P5 was hideous upon release, and it's still pretty damn hideous. I'm glad I bought a 2012 S2 before the scheme changed.

by 2011

Actually, that R5CA in matte black, is the 2011/2012 version. No changes. Thankfully untouched by the horrible graphic designers that messed up all their other bikes pictured.

by 103

Pretty disappointing bold new graphics from Cervelo. Might be time to switch to BMC for 2013.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com