Eurobike 2012

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tommasini

by tommasini

Thought I'd start a thread regarding Eurobike that is upcoming (August 29 - Sept 1). http://www.eurobike-show.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For now all we can do is let loose on predictions some of us may have for the show and the upcoming year.....I'm actually of the opinion that we may not see a whole lot of surprises because the major component manufacturers have decided to release new items throughout the year versus all at one time (waiting until Taipei or Eurobike) like in the past.

> I'm sure we'll see more road/cross disk brakes - but what will be the overall sense about where this may be headed?
> More tweaks on the electronic groups?
> Power meters? (for instance the Garmin pedal.....)
> Anything new from our German friends at Lightweight?
> What will be the inovation highlight of the show?....(could it be kai-ming's seatpost!!!)
> Another lightweight showbike from Fairwheel Bikes?

I'm not one of the fortunate ones who will be able to attend - so hoping those that do can will supply all of us WW's some great pictures and insight once the show starts.

:beerchug:
Last edited by tommasini on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CAFERACER

by CAFERACER

New shoes from sidi. Can't wait.

maquisard

by maquisard

Anything in fluor yellow! :thumbup:

kavitator

by kavitator

wheeeeellllsss

i will go - hope to get some better photo from Nikon S550

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Sram Red hydraulic release?

hansonator69

by hansonator69

There will be a new TT bike from Orbea.
Slam your stem.

Chris_W

by Chris_W

On my wish list is a new model of the Garmin Edge GPS computer, which they'll probably call the Garmin Edge 900. I want it to have a more readable screen than the 800, plus a number of additional data fields aimed more at the touring cyclist (the current model seems to be more geared towards the sport/fitness cyclist). Most of the data fields I want could be achieved with a firmware update for the current model, though (e.g., min and max temperature, max altitude, total ascent during current lap, average vertical ascent rate for current lap, etc.).

I've seen brief mentions/speculations that Garmin will have a new model out this year, and if they do then it's pretty certain that they'll show it at Eurobike, but they may have shelved this while all of their engineers try to solve the problems they're having with the power-measuring pedals - it seems like those may never get launched.

rc32

by rc32

Heard some noise in some of the Spanish forums regarding a new crank based power meter...coming from a good source.

claus

by claus

Do you mean the one from Rotor, which has been developed by AIP (MEP)?

AIP seems to sell that already for a while (3500 Euro?), but restricted:
"MEP-10A is currently on sale for biomechanical & specialized centers only."?

rc32

by rc32

Just heard some reports that it was crank based and that info will be available (or that they'll be able to report) after Eurobike.

maquisard

by maquisard

...and at the risk of highlighting the obvious, the Rotor design is in the crank arm, not the spider like SRM, Quarq, Power2Max etc.

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/e ... 012-31590/

Interesting to read this article from last year and see what has come to market, and what hasn't.... Garmin Vector :?

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

There's something from Rotor alright. Should be the lightest system on the market and it's two sided as well ;-)

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Mario, is the Rotor offering basically what was described in http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/e ... 012-31590/ ? Are they still planning both production and scientific versions?

cerro

by cerro

A2J is making a new frame for Eurobike and with some pretty fancy swedish parts too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rc32

by rc32

Follow up to my previous post...

In case you haven't seen it,Rotor just put up some teaser pics of their new crank based powermeter in their Facebook page.