Eurobike 2012

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ichobi

by ichobi

Looks like my money will be going directly to Canyon's stash this year. Their new TT and Ultimate CF SLX looks like a real deal. Awesome paint job to boot (if you like stealthy colour).

Here's full 2013 catalouge. http://www.canyon.com/eurobike2012/cany ... 012_en.pdf

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

grid256

by grid256

Carbon clinchers from HED? Anyone have the scoop?

claus

by claus

Does anyone have more information about "SGY-PM900 Pedalling Monitor Sensor" from Pioneer? I just found this in the Eurobike 2012 catalogue. Their website has just a bit of information, e.g.,

- Strain sensors for attachment on each crank arm
- Weight: 70g (including L & R sensors)
- Accuracy: +/- 2%
Availability: January 2013.

Is it specific to Shimano (crankarms)?

uraqt

by uraqt

from the pix it looks like it's molded to the back of the DA left crank arm.....

also I don't how accurate zips ties are : )

C

great find!!

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

It's not the first time we've heard about a power meter from Pioneer. http://www.arueda.com/tech/noticias/nue ... oneer.html . According to that article from November 2010, it measures torque separately for each leg (as seems to be the case with other forthcoming crank arm based power meters such as Rotor). As to what changes there have been since then, I don't know, but I presume your specs supersede those from November 2010.

As for January 2013 (or even ever)? Time will tell.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Honestly, there is nothing more sad than Canyons not being sold in the US. Even on my meager funds, I would not hesitate to buy an Ultimate CF or Al

hansonator69

by hansonator69

I agree. If they were sold to Australia I'd already have a nice Ultimate AL by now... :cry:
Slam your stem.

maquisard

by maquisard

Whatever happened to Competitive Cyclist importing Canyon into the U.S.A. They mentioned it on their website a while back to see if there was interest and then no further updates.

Permon

by Permon

Does anybody know the price level for the Canyon CF SLX 2013? I read that the price will be higher because of more expensive carbon used..... what should I expect? 2000,- EUR? More?

Does anybody have exprience with CANYONs delivery times? The CF SLX is a NEW product....I quess it will be hard to get it soon. If I order when it is available, will I get it by the spring 2013, so I have a new bike for the next season?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Appears that 4 time Tour de France winner Jan Ullrich is a popular figure at EuroBike this year.

kgt

by kgt

Maybe because he keeps his Tour titles in contrast to Armstrong. :mrgreen:

leguy

by leguy

Permon wrote:Does anybody know the price level for the Canyon CF SLX 2013? I read that the price will be higher because of more expensive carbon used..... what should I expect? 2000,- EUR? More?

I saw an article on bike-radar from july stating that the new CF SLX would be around 3000 € with ultegra. I can't find the price on the frame anywhere yet! Correct me if i'm wrong.

Permon

by Permon

leguy wrote:
Permon wrote:Does anybody know the price level for the Canyon CF SLX 2013? I read that the price will be higher because of more expensive carbon used..... what should I expect? 2000,- EUR? More?

I saw an article on bike-radar from july stating that the new CF SLX would be around 3000 € with ultegra. I can't find the price on the frame anywhere yet! Correct me if i'm wrong.

Yeah, I read something like that....but nothing about the price of the frameset only...

Leviathan

by Leviathan

claus wrote:Does anyone have more information about "SGY-PM900 Pedalling Monitor Sensor" from Pioneer? I just found this in the Eurobike 2012 catalogue. Their website has just a bit of information, e.g.,

- Strain sensors for attachment on each crank arm
- Weight: 70g (including L & R sensors)
- Accuracy: +/- 2%
Availability: January 2013.

Is it specific to Shimano (crankarms)?
I was discussing this with a riding buddy yesterday- why isnt a powermeter just two strain guages fixed to crank arms of a known stifness with a small transmitter and a fairly low tech averaging software? could build it from RS components for about 50 quid??

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com