TT helmet

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

Dalai, or anyone else, any data on the Limar Crono? IIRC it does well - primarily due to lack vents. Field testing would confirm - for reference:-

http://m.torpedo7.com.au/products/LRHLRN9CT
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

Dalai

by Dalai

Guess which of the AS/NZS helmets tested fastest in the wind tunnel for me and one I still wear? :wink:

I owned the Speed Demon and sold immediately after the session and bought the Crono as it saved 10 Watts over the Speed Demon even though this has a longer tail. Crono tested the same as my Bell Meteor II that I also still own and use for pursuits where it is allowed.

Fishboy who you know was also in the tunnel that day and has supported the Limar Crono by field testing. I'll have a look for the results and post the link when I find it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WMW
in the industry

by WMW

Dalai wrote:I see this just the same as other rules being broken by some racers such as staying in the draft/too close when passed. Or is that also okay as we aren't earning a living from racing?

Sorry, think I jumped the gun. It's because of my dislike for the minutia of TT rules... and my lack of belief that the new or non-approved helmets are really better.

Drafting is a whole nother deal....
formerly rruff...

Dalai

by Dalai

I agree many of the rules are stupid, but unless they change it is what we have to follow...

Fishboys results - http://fishboy.triathlete.com.au/2008/0 ... sults.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

Thanks for the link Dalai.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

There are some frightening savings in there :shock:

Andrew69

by Andrew69

Another user of the Fishboy approved Limar Crono :mrgreen:
EXTREMELY under-rated helmet IMO, especially by the ST crowd

audiojan

by audiojan

My personal favorite is the Rudy Project Wingspan. Super adjustable to weather conditions (open/mesh/closed front vent and then also open or closed tail), keeping you as cool as you need to be for that specific day and distance (the shorter the distance, the less ventilation you want just go gain that extra second), but also super adjustable to different rides, the tail is not to long or too flat, allowing the helmet to work well if you're a slightly more upright rider as well as if you are quite aggressive in your head/back position. Then add the light weight (which is actually quite important over longer distances as a heavier helmet puts more stress on your neck muscles)
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin