Colnago CX-1 Evo?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

topflightpro

by topflightpro

Anyone have any thoughts on the Colnago CX-1 Evo frameset?

I've done a few searches here and elsewhere and really cannot find anyone who has ridden this frame. I've seen a few discussions comparing it to the M10, but all the info posted comes from Colnago's site, and most people seem to opt for the M10, which is above my budget.

Anyway, I'm trying to get a sense of what the frame actually weighs and how it rides.

Thanks in advance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

c50jim

by c50jim

I've owned and ridden a lot of Colnagos but none of the Taiwanese ones (partially because most of my Colnagos pre-date the Taiwanese frames). I have a couple of friends who bought CX-1s after owning Treks for years (and another with an M10 after riding Giants). Both swear by the CX-1 and say they'd never go back or switch.

From what I know, it's typical Colnago geometry in fewer sizes with solid Taiwanese construction. I own a Wilier and rode another in Italy last month and they're good so suspect the Taiwanese Colnagos are good too. I generally find Italian geometry bikes really stable at speed and on poor quality roads and Colnagos are perhaps the most stable of the lot.