Powercordz with Sram Force

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Jwhelan939

by Jwhelan939

Is anyone using this combo? I was just wondering what people do about the cabel channeling on the rear derailleur. I was worried it would fray at that point. Anyone have any tips as to what worked for them? I tried placing a piece of the liner supplied with the prime system there but it was way to big to fit in the channel. Thanks in advanced.

sungod

by sungod

afaik the force rd cable path is similar to the red rd, i just run the cord through the guide, it's fine...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jwhelan939

by Jwhelan939

Yup! That's what it looks like. I was afraid it would fray. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!

theremery

by theremery

Mine did eventually fray (but it took a year) and so when I replaced it, I lined the cable that goes through there with a tight-fitting piece of mini-ilink liner.and reset the channel slightly (then polished it super smooth). Seemed ok. A gunged up cable elsewhere caused a rebuild (in haste) and I haven't rebuilt with another Cordz yet, but will re-do that system.
Red and Force are indeed the same.
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!