Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Sun May 29, 2016 7:18 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED

If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062


All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:31 pm
Posts: 379
Ref - Swapping a Super six Evo chainset hollowgram/spiderrings 2013 to Dura Ace 9000 advice.

So much as I appreciate the weight and stiffness of the Cannondale Chainset, I am finding the length too long for my diddy legs - especially 53/39 on a 54cm frame. As such, thinking about taking it off and going Dura Ace but unsure how to adapt it to a shimano BB as obviously BB30.

Any tips appreciated. Furthermore, whilst it is apart, can I put a chris king in there to take Dura Ace...?

Thanks in advance.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:56 pm
Posts: 1138
Location: Canada
I just did the same thing on a supersix evo himod frame. I used the praxisworks conversion bb. Its the best solution to this.

_________________
My RCA


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:47 pm
Posts: 2154
Location: Santa Cruz, California, USA
A bit of searching would find you many different solutions to put Shimano cranks in a BB30 frame. There's two types- adapters that match the Shimano spindle to BB30 bearings, and adapters that fit into a BB30 shell and contain smaller bearings that take a Shimano spindle. The first kind are lighter and easier to install. Wheels Mfg makes the most common ones. I don't think Chris King makes either type.

Of course you don't need to go to 9000 to get a shorter crank as Hollowgrams can be had in many lengths too.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:31 pm
Posts: 379
goodboyr wrote:
I just did the same thing on a supersix evo himod frame. I used the praxisworks conversion bb. Its the best solution to this.


Lovely. Will google. Thanks.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:31 pm
Posts: 379
eric wrote:
A bit of searching would find you many different solutions to put Shimano cranks in a BB30 frame. There's two types- adapters that match the Shimano spindle to BB30 bearings, and adapters that fit into a BB30 shell and contain smaller bearings that take a Shimano spindle. The first kind are lighter and easier to install. Wheels Mfg makes the most common ones. I don't think Chris King makes either type.

Of course you don't need to go to 9000 to get a shorter crank as Hollowgrams can be had in many lengths too.


really, never seen them on sale here in the UK.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:47 pm
Posts: 68
Location: UK/Industry
^ I'm sure they're available to order in the UK, will check tomorrow. But as already said, get a praxis bb they're really good :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:47 pm
Posts: 68
Location: UK/Industry
sorry double post


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:10 pm
Posts: 495
diegogarcia wrote:
Ref - Swapping a Super six Evo chainset hollowgram/spiderrings 2013 to Dura Ace 9000 advice.

So much as I appreciate the weight and stiffness of the Cannondale Chainset, I am finding the length too long for my diddy legs - especially 53/39 on a 54cm frame. As such, thinking about taking it off and going Dura Ace but unsure how to adapt it to a shimano BB as obviously BB30.

Any tips appreciated. Furthermore, whilst it is apart, can I put a chris king in there to take Dura Ace...?

Thanks in advance.


If it is just the length that is the problem, then change the cranks for a different length perhaps?
If you are thinking it is the 53/39 that is the problem, then change the chainset.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:12 pm
Posts: 544
Location: Oop North
Just go Praxis.
http://www.freeborn.co.uk/praxis-works-bottom-bracket-converters


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:15 pm
Posts: 134
Location: Mosad
53/39 is diameter of chainwheel gear not length.

_________________
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/36/36-h/36-h.htm

DWI


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:21 pm
Posts: 166
Location: London, UK
diegogarcia wrote:
eric wrote:
A bit of searching would find you many different solutions to put Shimano cranks in a BB30 frame. There's two types- adapters that match the Shimano spindle to BB30 bearings, and adapters that fit into a BB30 shell and contain smaller bearings that take a Shimano spindle. The first kind are lighter and easier to install. Wheels Mfg makes the most common ones. I don't think Chris King makes either type.

Of course you don't need to go to 9000 to get a shorter crank as Hollowgrams can be had in many lengths too.


really, never seen them on sale here in the UK.


Cycling Sports Group can supply them. I recently ordered a set of SiSLs in 170mm. 4 week wait from Germany. Worth it though. They may have more in stock for immediate dispatch now though. They do have an eye-wateringly expensive RRP.

If you want the Praxis BB (which is indeed the best option for running Hollowtech 2 IMHO) Upgrade Bikes supply those. Stock is limited on the BB30 version but the PF30 will work if you remove the sleeve.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:56 pm
Posts: 1138
Location: Canada
Super six evo frames are PF30


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Dura-ace WH-9000 C24 CL vs TL

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

Gajdzin

20

2915

Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:59 pm

Briscoelab View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Dura Ace 9000 pulleys

in Road

oreoboreo

4

1023

Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:44 pm

oreoboreo View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Dura Ace 9000 next update?

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

itguy

44

6550

Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:14 pm

HTML View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Which cables for Dura Ace 9000

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

Flint

21

2078

Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:33 pm

Wookski View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Dura Ace 9070 vs 9000 weight

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

njyeti

17

1978

Wed May 25, 2016 3:06 pm

ryanw View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited