Car brand bicycles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cade0224

by cade0224

There are a number of bicycles that have come out bearing the name of car companies. It follows reason to think that if a car company has its name on a bike it has to be good and some are genuinely good.

Aston Martin, the venerable luxury sports car maker, is releasing a high-end bicycle, according to the Daily Mail, dubbed the Aston Martin One-77. Just like the car, it is expensive, retailing for 25,000 pounds (39,323 dollars), basically the Rolls-Royce of car branded bicycles.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

Well, no, it's the Aston Martin of car branded bicycles. When we're talking car branding it would really need to be branded Rolls to have that appellation...

At least it's a better effort than the open mould frame that BMW stuck their branding on.

SDP

by SDP

& the point of the thread is ?

i will get a open mould asian frame put BENTLEY stickers on it & some expensive bits ....does it make it a good bike ??

before posting please remember what the site is about ..sorry for rant

Guyeclipse

by Guyeclipse

I'm not entirely convinced by the idea as I think carbon fibre is far better in the cycling industry. I do love cars, and am a self confessed car nut and would be very interested by these bikes, I do believe they will have to put in a bit more R&D to be in line with bicycle manufacturers.

Roel W

by Roel W

That superexpensive full carbon Aston Martin bike brings around 9.5kg (!!!) to the scale.
Nuff said!
Welcome to WeightWeenies.