2013 Taipei International Cycle Show

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tharmor

by tharmor

The show starts today and goes thru the 23rd. Please post all pictures and updates here :-]

I am especially curious to see road specific disc forks in all their varieties. Also, carbon wheels!!

I haven't noticed any postings yet from the web, but soon I imagine.

Cheers!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petal666

by petal666

Any SRAM 11 speed yet?

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

I heard Sea Otter.

addictR1

by addictR1

drool.......... wish i could be there. plane ticket back to Taiwan is too expensive! can't wait to go to interbike.......... :)

winky

by winky

addictR1 wrote:drool.......... wish i could be there. plane ticket back to Taiwan is too expensive! can't wait to go to interbike.......... :)

Interbike is cool, but nothing tops the Taipei show. It is like 100x bigger.

winky

by winky

Found some neat stuff about OEM carbon manufacturers at the show.

http://nudbikes.com/blog/taipei-cycle-show-pictures-carbon-frames/

jacks1071

by jacks1071

I just returned from the show on Friday.

It is absolutely huge, if you walked non-stop it'd take you 2-days to get past all the stalls without stopping and thats if you don't get lost first. (I got lost, A LOT).

If anyone is interested I've posted all of my personal photographs on our company facebook www.facebook.com/pro-liteaustralia

I pretty much took pictures of anything I thought was cool so you'll get to see what I think is cool.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Compared to Interbike in recent years, its huge, but compared to Eurobike, its "so-so" in size relatively speaking.

But it has its fun elements like Interbike where you get to see some quirky, bothering on the eccentric stuff. Which you seldom see at Eurobike. And the atmosphere is somewhat closer to Interbike, where is semi-casual. But its a good show to go to mainly because its a real microcosm of the bike industry, from the faceless OEMs, the micro-workshops to the Tier 1 big brands, they are all represented there in one form or another. Not something you get at the other shows so to speak.

QuinnTO

by QuinnTO

winky wrote:Found some neat stuff about OEM carbon manufacturers at the show.

http://nudbikes.com/blog/taipei-cycle-show-pictures-carbon-frames/

Anyone know about the levers on the C59 disc near the bottom of this page?

addictR1

by addictR1

That's solo cool. I wish I could get press pass for the Taipei show. I'll be doing the interbike as press so it'll be a field day for me .

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

@QuinnTO

They look like TRP hydraulic/Di2 levers.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maxxevv

by maxxevv

addictR1 wrote:That's solo cool. I wish I could get press pass for the Taipei show. I'll be doing the interbike as press so it'll be a field day for me .

Actually, for Taipei, you don't really need a press pass. A business card is all you need for registration. Besides, all the presentations that as a press member you can enter, and take pictures, practically everyone at the show can too. The only difference is that some booths will be more welcoming in you taking photos if you have 'Media' pass round your neck compared to 'International Visitor'.