Litespeed C1 Seatpost Clamp

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Renegaderider

by Renegaderider

My clamp comes in at 54g!!! It's an aero seatpost clamp. Does anyone know where I can find one that's lighter that'll fit my frame, or are these specific to frame models? Thanks!

by 2011

It's specific to that frame. No alternatives, unless you do custom fabrication. At tops, you could say 20-30 grams, by having someone custom make something... if even that much. Could change the bolts out to Titanium.

That's not really a weight weenie bike anyway. It's more aero. The seatclamps not slowing you down. Certainly other places you could try to shave weight before a seat clamp.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Renegaderider

by Renegaderider

Thanks for the reply. I kind of figured that would be the answer. I've saved a lot of weight in a lot of areas, and this last piece has just kind of been bugging me. I think I'll just keep upgrading the engine for now and learn to love the ugly thing! Thanks again.

cymans

by cymans

I had to make my own carbon seat post clamp for my C1 because the ISP had been cut to low for me.
It works well, not sure if anyone else sells a clamp apart from the litespeed version.
cyman.

Renegaderider

by Renegaderider

Mine doesnt have the integrated seat post...

jerade

by jerade

That's one heavy seatpost clamp! :-|

by 2011

I've rarely seen a road bike that has, and needs, a double seatclamp. Nearly all road bikes just have a single clamp. Depending on your weight, I bet it would be safe to actually cut that in half, making it a single bolt clamp. It's risky of course, but look at a lot of WW single bolt clamps and how thin of material they use... and they can still withstand the clamping power. This one seems WAY over built.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aquiyes

by aquiyes

Renegaderider wrote:Mine doesnt have the integrated seat post...

Can you give me a name for this seatpost? or something to find it online to buy for? i've been having a hard time finding this on ebay and such websites.