Colnago C59 disc brake

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sakic

by sakic

So, what do we all think?

http://www.colnago.com/c59-disc/

CamW

by CamW

I originally thought it was a clever photoshop until I realized it was actually the Colnago website. I would not have picked them to do this :shock:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wingnut

by Wingnut

In a few years time this will be the norm...

cmh

by cmh

I don't dig it...this however...

http://www.colnago.com/prestige-disc/

fa63

by fa63

Looks a bit odd to me at the moment, but as mentioned I am sure it will be the norm soon so I better get used to it :)

Alex_ucsb
Shop Owner

by Alex_ucsb

Those formula road disc brakes are pretty sweet. I was wondering how Colnago would approach the hydraulic question, and they've done so in a singularly Italian way :)

fa63

by fa63

Looking at that picture a little closer, are those the new hydraulic brake compatible Di2 levers? The shape doesn't look like the regular ones (or maybe I am just imagining).

CamW

by CamW

Its Formula levers, obviously hacked to work with Di2. I have a distinct feeling shimano didn't have that in mind when they designed it.

sakic

by sakic

I was surprised to see it also, sure others are working on it as well. I don't work as a sales rep for colnago anymore and hurt my back in Nov and been off the bike, so have not really looked much.

I will ask my friends about the fork leg/chainstay internal work etc, see how Colnago did it.

Somehow I doubt they will even know much right now.

I won't enter debate regarding disc brakes and if we need them or not on road bikes. I am impressed that colnago were first to get it out there, well they advertised already.

howler

by howler

Sigh, looks like a sign of things to come- like others, didnt think colnago would be one of the first to move.

aesthetically, its not too bad i guess, calipers also seem pretty well tucked away to reduce drag, but frame and fork have been beefed up (i.e. heavier) and rear hub spacing looks pretty narrow.

And for a closer look at levers:

sakic

by sakic

The folks at my old work don't know, all they know is it was released today at Taipei.

It does not look bad really, wonder what the weigh will be????

found these too online

bones

by bones

Shimano, Campagnolo, Colnago must have gotten advance notice from the UCI that approval for disc brakes in UCI competition is right around the corner now that it is legal for UCI sanctioned cyclocross races. The UCI has always adopted safety features quickly. Mandatory helmets, discs for CX. I bet the UCI makes discs for road competition legal by the end of this or next year.

allezkmiec

by allezkmiec

Quick to adopt things? The UCI? You must be joking. It basically took 25 years and Andrei Kivilev's death to make helmets mandatory, and disc brakes existed for 'cross bikes for the better part of a decade before they were allowed by the UCI.

kgt

by kgt

I do not believe road bikes need disc brakes. Normal brakes are just fine in terms of performance. I really like the colors by the way.

simonanks69

by simonanks69

i hate so much.
how can they make the fork heavier?
it already weights 350 grams cut..
CARPE DIEM
Colnago C59 Italia GLBK
Up coming custom steel cyclocross :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com