Recover a Fizik Aliante

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TheDoc

by TheDoc

Have you guys ever try to recover a Fizik Aliante? My cover (finally) ripped and don't want to throw away what is otherwise a pristine saddle… I've googled around and found recovered saddle.com last week and hasn't heard back yet, so I just want to see if there are any options out there before calling up the motorcycle/furniture upholstery repairs...

ldamelio

by ldamelio

Used recoveredsaddle.com. Mixed review from my perspective. Nice guy and very easy to deal with. Had a white San Marco Aspide recovered. overall a good job, but a bit wrinkly with a little extra bulk of material under the nose. Not good enough to use on my 'A' bike but still a saddle that i'll get many of thousands of miles on on my 'B' winter/rain/training bike. Cost was $54 all in including shipping both ways; can get the same saddle new if you look hard enough for $109 - 125. So, overall, could go either way on the service or whole issue of re-covering saddles. At $25, would be a no brainer even if imperfect. At $54 for a perfect job, also a no-brainer. At $54 for a saddle that's useful but not back to factory-new, I'm lukewarm. YMMV.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com