2013 Specialized

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

My 2012 Spec Allez frameset came with a full carbon fork, while I'm under the impression that at least some of the complete bikes came with a fork that has an aluminium steerer. Then again, some had BSA bb shells and some the non-carbon OSBB one. Also the models/builds and paints were completely different in different countries, which made finding out what I'd actually get a bit of a challenge, but since my LBS figured that out, I'm a happy camper.

Regarding tall headtubes, from the top of my head the 52 has 1mm less reach than the 54, but 15mm less stack, so the stack/reach ratio heavily depends on the size.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

hjb1000 wrote:Am I reading this correctly:

-There will be the high-end S-Works Allez, only 50 made.
-There will also be a similar Allez Sport with the special welds, but slightly heavier. Frame will be anodized.
-There will be the 'regular' Allez frame with conventional welds

Seems the Allez Sport frameset will be the pick of the bunch. How would the frame weight in comparison to the CAAD10? Also I'm assuming it would come with a full carbon fork?

Thanks

it's not the "allez sport". it's the "allez race". nothing ive read says it will be heavier.
yes, the other allez bikes have conventional welds and are heavier.

the allez race seems like the new version of the 2012 allez evo: race-ready out of the box. full carbon fork, etc. weights between this and the caad10 should be similar.

in 2012 the allez frameset came with a full carbon fork. as far as i know, as a complete bike, only the allez evo came with a full carbon fork, others got an aluminum steerer.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

My regular Allez frameset had a full carbon fork that's all I know.

Any word on geo? Speci really needs to get rid of the big Fredtube on the 56's and up. I'd love one of these, but the fit just isn't there unless I rock a 130mm -28 degree track stem on the 58.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

euan

by euan

Ypsylon wrote:Also the models/builds and paints were completely different in different countries, which made finding out what I'd actually get a bit of a challenge, but since my LBS figured that out, I'm a happy camper.

Because some like the UK are still selling old stock. We don't get the OSBB Crux for example and they are still selling the old non E5 frameset.

Dustin

by Dustin

hjb1000 wrote:Am I reading this correctly:

-There will be the high-end S-Works Allez, only 50 made.
-There will also be a similar Allez Smartweld that will be lighter (200g sticks out in my head), with an SL4 fork. I believe the stays are different, as well
-There will be the 'regular' Allez frame with conventional welds that will likely just be entry level complete bikes only.

I want to say that it's also SL4 geometry, but I might be wrong. I can't find verification, but I remember being told that.

aldocg

by aldocg

So anyone know how much the Venge 105 is going to cost?

$2500?

Also, how much is it going to weigh? 8.5kg?

duke249

by duke249

FYI--My 2012 Allez E5 OSBB Evo frame weighs 1564 grams, size 58. The fork was 465 grams before being cut. If the new frame is in the 1200 gram range it'll get serious consideration for the upgrade.

JureC29

by JureC29

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.424944530882343.91502.177264632317002&type=3

For more pics go to this store's facebook page.

I'm warming up for that black version with SramRed, but those new Roval carbon wheels may lift up the price to heaven. I'm wondering if there will be a complete SW with red with some normal(priced) wheels, since I already have deepsec. wheels. I may buy a pro version with SR, but I haven't found color options for 2013 yet (just that shiny black+red, which I don't like).

The prices seems to increase again... I've read that this silver frame will cost 2950€ (now SW Frameset is 2799€). Maybe it's special edition or so.... can't really tell..

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Wowza. I want that (black) Tarmac!

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I was able to spend some time on the new SL4s yesterday (tarmac and roubaix) and they are incredible! I was blown away by the ride quality on the tarmac. The CLX wheels offer a great ride and very confident braking... the new red group is to drool for - I couldn't believe how light the front shifting was!

JureC29

by JureC29

Any idea on price for Tarmac SL4 with new red ? very interested in that black version :)

JureC29

by JureC29

Hmmm.... So far... every photo of SL4pro '13 with SramRed, that I've seen, it was equiped with "old" Red.... Now that's a bit dissapointing.... So if want a pro level, with new SramRed... the only way to get it, is to build it myself ? Not good Specialized, not good at all.....

But okay.... still waiting for official launch and keeping fingers crossed.... Maybe anyone who's been at GL in Utah, what's the thing with that pro and old red??

Edit: SW SL4 with Red is supposed to be around 8500$ ...

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Hi.

Does anyone have an actual frame weight and an actual fork weight for an S Works SL4 in medium or large?

2012 is fine. Bit soon to expect many 2013 weights. :thumbup:

Thanks in advance and sorry for the partial highjack (did search first, no luck).

Cheers :beerchug:

GJ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dustin

by Dustin

JureC29 wrote:Hmmm.... So far... every photo of SL4pro '13 with SramRed, that I've seen, it was equiped with "old" Red.... Now that's a bit dissapointing.... So if want a pro level, with new SramRed... the only way to get it, is to build it myself ? Not good Specialized, not good at all.....

But okay.... still waiting for official launch and keeping fingers crossed.... Maybe anyone who's been at GL in Utah, what's the thing with that pro and old red??

Edit: SW SL4 with Red is supposed to be around 8500$ ...

I was there working the road demo. What exactly is your question?