2013 Specialized

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

frankmx

by frankmx

djconnel wrote:
frankmx wrote:
marcelflash wrote:Just came in the store today for my new competition bike ALLEZ E5 BBQ 56cm

i will recieve mine this teusday in size 58.
If its under 1250g im happy , the goal is sub 6,4kg for the complete built.
Cant decide if i should keep the Lightnings or get the S-works crankset

I'm really happy with my Lightnings since I figured out I need to lube the spider interface. Creaking gone, just smooth-spinning niceness. Recessed pedals may be an issue for some.

Good luck with 1250 grams... that's a real challenge in that size.

Actually it came in at 1290g (1339g with bb installed) for the frame without: bottlecage bolts, seatcollar/post and cableguides. and with derailleur hanger not bad, the fork came in at about 450 uncut.
Didnt really liked how the lightnings fitted the osbb BB so decided to order a S-works crankset fits very nicely so got the lightning crankset up for sale now.

Total build came to 6,290 with an additional 3cm of spacers and steerertube above the stem and uncut seatpost.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

virenque

by virenque

Weighed the 52 today, it's 1200g and that's with seat clamp, bb guide and rd hanger, bottle cage bolts. 54 is 1240g with seat clamp, bb guide and rd hanger, bottle cage bolts.

THSdrummer

by THSdrummer

Couldn't help but notice more 2013 Specialized bikes have ended up in the "early launch" category with prices available.

Any idea on the complete weight of the Allez Race Rival Mid Compact? Still digging around for my first bike. Not sure if I should hold out until winter and go with the Race Rival or stick to the Comp/Comp Apex. The big difference is weight, correct?

If anyone does a review on these, I'd love to see some complete (as is) weights! Thank you.
2012 Cannondale CAAD10 3 - 8.08Kg
(Just began the weight reduction process)

CBJ

by CBJ

All the new bikes are now on the website. Would love the Venge S-works Di2.

odin99

by odin99

anyone figure out why the 2013 Venge with NEW Red is the same price as campy SR EPS? ($14,000). the Di2 11spd Dura ace one is only $12,000. Doesn't seem consistent. Didn't realize it (new red) commanded such a huge price increase. I don't know who in their right mind would pay that for mechanical anymore, especially when you can save $2K and get 11spd Di2! The force Venge is only $5800.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I think the price on the new RED equipped bikes is just a response to demand/popularity. On a Trek Project One Madone - you can save yourself some coin by going RED :)

weekapaugin

by weekapaugin

I was most surprised to see da-9070 confirmed and pictured on the di2 bikes, haven't seen too many "official" pics of the finished product yet. The tarmac lineup is weird to me though. You can't get new SRAM red on a pro, but you can get da-9K, and then you can't get mechanical da-9K on the s-works.

jdp211

by jdp211

That must be a mistake in pricing. You can get a new red equipped Evo for less than half that price. Also, S-Works Tarmac with new Red is listed at 8500.
Last edited by jdp211 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ichobi

by ichobi

The paintjob is spot on for most models this year. Makes me want some of the big S.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

odin99 wrote:anyone figure out why the 2013 Venge with NEW Red is the same price as campy SR EPS? ($14,000). the Di2 11spd Dura ace one is only $12,000. Doesn't seem consistent. Didn't realize it (new red) commanded such a huge price increase. I don't know who in their right mind would pay that for mechanical anymore, especially when you can save $2K and get 11spd Di2! The force Venge is only $5800.

ive got the sworks venge with NewRed going for 8750. all the support kit is the same as the one with di2. slightly interesting is that the bb and wheels get ceramicspeed bearings. they used to use enduro zero bearings in the bb.

odin99

by odin99

thisisatest wrote:
odin99 wrote:anyone figure out why the 2013 Venge with NEW Red is the same price as campy SR EPS? ($14,000). the Di2 11spd Dura ace one is only $12,000. Doesn't seem consistent. Didn't realize it (new red) commanded such a huge price increase. I don't know who in their right mind would pay that for mechanical anymore, especially when you can save $2K and get 11spd Di2! The force Venge is only $5800.

ive got the sworks venge with NewRed going for 8750. all the support kit is the same as the one with di2. slightly interesting is that the bb and wheels get ceramicspeed bearings. they used to use enduro zero bearings in the bb.

they updated the price! perhaps they are reading WW.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I have to agree about the paint schemes. Other than one or two models - like the Smurf blue bike - I think Specialized put together some solid options this year.

weekapaugin

by weekapaugin

has anyone built up a new allez yet? I'm very interested to hear some feedback, builds, finished weights, etc.

Also surprised nobody has mentioned that DA Di2-9070 is cleary represented on some of s-works models.

skinnyankles

by skinnyankles

Is it just me or did the headtubes on the 2013 sl-4 frames got taller? 170mm for the 56, 205 for the 58.. :noidea:

NealH

by NealH

Its a misprint. I have talked to Specialized about this and they intend to correct it soon.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com