2013 Specialized

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

frankmx

by frankmx

marcelflash wrote:Just came in the store today for my new competition bike ALLEZ E5 BBQ 56cm

i will recieve mine this teusday in size 58.
If its under 1250g im happy , the goal is sub 6,4kg for the complete built.
Cant decide if i should keep the Lightnings or get the S-works crankset

Robitaille20

by Robitaille20

The Boonen LTD Venge and the special helmet looks fine. Will be there a special price on it ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JureC29

by JureC29

Robitaille20 wrote:The Boonen LTD Venge and the special helmet looks fine. Will be there a special price on it ?

Without a doubt! :)

In general... Specialized unforunately decided to go up with prices for their road frames and bikes for 2013....

Robitaille20

by Robitaille20

Well. if the price will go up, hope they get enough customer :D

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

JureC29 wrote:[quote="Robitaille20"

In general... Specialized unforunately decided to go up with prices for their road frames and bikes for 2013....

This is not true for the USA. I know all frameset prices for the S-works and SL4 pro tarmacs have decreased.

JureC29

by JureC29

I've got pricelist for Europe... And basicly... all frames are +200€ ...

CBJ

by CBJ

JureC29 wrote:I've got pricelist for Europe... And basicly... all frames are +200€ ...

Increase in Dollar value over the Euro maybe.

Robitaille20

by Robitaille20

If there are not enough customers at 2013, they will reduce the price for Europe too :thumbup:

JureC29

by JureC29

To late for me ;) Even if my first choice was SL4, now I'm buying Foil over SL4 in 2013 preorder. It's not only the price... but group options also... For Europe... there'll be only SW SL4 with red (7k€) and SL4pro with DA, according to my pricelist. Not the option I would want. :)

weekapaugin

by weekapaugin

took a browse through the US dealer catalog and was dissapointed to see the sl4 pro complete comes in either old sram red or new DA-9000. I ride an sl3 pro with sram now, so going to the sl4 pro with old red seems pointless - rather odd that speci didn't offer new sram red on a $5k bike. on the other hand, I'm excited to lean towards firing on the sl4 pro with DA-9K. I'm definitely interested to see some of these new allez's built up first though

JureC29

by JureC29

Are U sure that it's DA 9000 ? Well... either way... it's probably DA-Ultegra mix.

I'm with you on Red ... Putting "old" group on 5k bike ? Naaah... And the only option for complete SWorks Sl4 is for 8500$ ? There's about 3-4k$ gap in between...

Well I've decided to buy a Foil, strip it down (sell groupset) and then build it with new SramRed. It still going to be cheaper, than buying SL4pro with old Red, mixed with Force brakes and FD....

I guess the only thing where Speci is not good about, is offering choices on complete bikes.... That's a shame...

virenque

by virenque

Just got a 54 and 52 Allez frame in, the 54 is 1240g

weekapaugin

by weekapaugin

^^it was definitely da-9000, but with ultegra brakes and the speci crank, I'm almost scared to see where the price tag is at though...

Werdna

by Werdna

Ordering my 2013 Allez frameset today! I'm hoping it will turn out to be something a little different than most builds. Ill post some pictures when it comes in!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

frankmx wrote:
marcelflash wrote:Just came in the store today for my new competition bike ALLEZ E5 BBQ 56cm

i will recieve mine this teusday in size 58.
If its under 1250g im happy , the goal is sub 6,4kg for the complete built.
Cant decide if i should keep the Lightnings or get the S-works crankset

I'm really happy with my Lightnings since I figured out I need to lube the spider interface. Creaking gone, just smooth-spinning niceness. Recessed pedals may be an issue for some.

Good luck with 1250 grams... that's a real challenge in that size.