BB30 Reccomendation

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

by miskur505

I'm getting a Sram Force BB30 crankset for my caad 10 5. I have two questions.

1 Will the stock FSA bottom bracket be compatible with this crank?

2. If they are compatible but I feel like changing the bottom bracket, or if they are't compatible what bottom bracket would you recommend for me?

Thanks in advance.

by motorthings

a BB30 bottom bracket should work with any BB30 crank, so you are good there.

if you wanted to replace it, the SRAM BB30 bearings are a fine replacement, but if the bearings aren't making any noises, there is no need to replace it (unless you want to replace it with something super fancy).

by Weenie

by miskur505

So I might need something like this? ... 733.0.html

by NWSAlpine

miskur505 wrote:So I might need something like this? ... 733.0.html" onclick=";return false;

Yes that would be the correct kit. You don't need to change them but if you do I would strongly suggest you use some pressfit retaining compound to install the bearings. This will help eliminate any future creaking from the bearings.

Something like loctite green 609 or 640. I used 640.

You will also need some tools to remove the old bearings and install the new ones. This is a cheap tool that works well to fit the new ones ... 3a6b332771. To remove the old bearings this is good ... 3cc36519b6

Also when I changed my bearings I used the Phil Wood BB30 bearings as they are very good steel bearings that will last a long time. Part is PW806 BB30 replacement (sold as a single bearing).