Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:49 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062


All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:48 am
Posts: 75
Hi, I would like to know if anyone here has have any problems fitting the CT2 chainrings on Campagnolo Ultra Torque Record crankset.
I'm asking because I have just mounted them in my crankset and have striped three Record aluminum chainring bolts (expensive replacement) in the process using a torque wrench. I have used 8 Nm as Campagnolo advises. I have never had any problems with Campagnolo stock chainrings.

Have any of you had the same problem because I had the replacement bolts and have torqued them to 4,2 Nm this time and it seems that they take the pressure but I have also striped another bolt trying to rise the pressure to 5 Nm. It's strange because I have a Campagnolo Steel chainring bolt that takes the recommended 8 Nm without problems.

Any help please because I don't want to spend a fortune in bolts.

Cheers.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:36 am
Posts: 1232
Location: UK
I'm guessing you're greasing the threads?
Also are you partially tightening by criss-crossing from bolt to bolt rather than tightening each one fully?

BTW I've just got a set 53/39 135 PCD. I've not fitted them yet but was surprised at the weight of the 53 (97g) - heavier than record! The 39 is 31g.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:48 am
Posts: 75
Mine are the CT2 compacts on 50 and 36 and came 21 gr. lighter than the stock Record ones.

Weights:
Record 50 = 99 gr.
36 = 47 gr.

Stronglight CT2 50 = 87 gr.
36 = 38 gr.

For the bolts at first I greased them, maybe this could be the problem, now I have them clean of grease.
Anyways I have ordered a complete set of TISO bolts for Ultra Torque as backup.

Cheers.


Top
   
 Post subject: Doesn't fit 11 speed
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:37 am
Posts: 345
I just got my 10/11 speed CT2 chainrings (This the latest version from Stronglight for 11 speed) deliver from xxxcycle as recommended by stronglight website. I tried fitting onto campy 11 speed super record compact cranks and the BCD doesn't fit. I emailed xxxcycle to request for chainrings specific to super record compacts!

Anyone is aware if 2009 11 speed campagnolo compact crank is different from previous generations.

BTW, we tried various combinations with the local campy agent!!! 101% validate it doesn't fit!!!!!!


hrailone wrote:
Mine are the CT2 compacts on 50 and 36 and came 21 gr. lighter than the stock Record ones.

Weights:
Record 50 = 99 gr.
36 = 47 gr.

Stronglight CT2 50 = 87 gr.
36 = 38 gr.

For the bolts at first I greased them, maybe this could be the problem, now I have them clean of grease.
Anyways I have ordered a complete set of TISO bolts for Ultra Torque as backup.

Cheers.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:10 am
Posts: 466
Location: Airport Lounge
I think the BCD on Campy compact is 112mm (vs 110mm on most other compacts).


Top
   
 Post subject: Yes correct
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:37 am
Posts: 345
The 5 spider, all 4 is 110mm and the 5th spider is 113mm or 112mm base on my measurement.

Don't waste your $



Sybarite wrote:
I think the BCD on Campy compact is 112mm (vs 110mm on most other compacts).


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:19 am
Posts: 130
hrailone wrote:
Hi, I would like to know if anyone here has have any problems fitting the CT2 chainrings on Campagnolo Ultra Torque Record crankset.
I'm asking because I have just mounted them in my crankset and have striped three Record aluminum chainring bolts (expensive replacement) in the process using a torque wrench. I have used 8 Nm as Campagnolo advises. I have never had any problems with Campagnolo stock chainrings.

Have any of you had the same problem because I had the replacement bolts and have torqued them to 4,2 Nm this time and it seems that they take the pressure but I have also striped another bolt trying to rise the pressure to 5 Nm. It's strange because I have a Campagnolo Steel chainring bolt that takes the recommended 8 Nm without problems.

Any help please because I don't want to spend a fortune in bolts.

Cheers.


Where did you buy your ct2 rings? I have a chorus UT compact and want those same black ct2 chain rings you have...preferably a US retailer if you know of one...ThankS!


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:48 am
Posts: 75
I bought them in a local store but as someone has mentioned above you can get them here:

http://www.xxcycle.com/110-ct2-2-campagnolo,,en.php

These are the same as the ones I have and fit the 10 speed compacts correctly.

Cheers.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:47 pm
Posts: 3553
Location: Pittsburgh
So the 11 speed chainrings work with the SR 11 or not?

are these the right ones?
http://www.xxcycle.com/135-ct2-2-11-speed-campagnolo,,en.php
http://www.xxcycle.com/135-ct2-1-11-speed-campagnolo,,en.php

Why not just use the Campy chainrings on a 3rd party crank? I guess the Stronglights are a few grams lighter

_________________
RUEGAMER 5.21kg, 11.48lbs

CRUMPTON 4.40kg, 9.70lbs


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:43 pm 
Offline
in the industry
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:22 am
Posts: 605
Record/Chorus CT cranks have 4 bolts at 110bcd and 1 at 113bcd. I believe that Super Record is exactly the same.

If the CT2 chainrings don't fit I suggest that you have been supplied with 110bcd ones

gumgardner, those chainrings look like the right ones for the standard SR road crank but obviously not the CT crank


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:47 pm
Posts: 3553
Location: Pittsburgh
stephen@fibre-lyte wrote:
Record/Chorus CT cranks have 4 bolts at 110bcd and 1 at 113bcd. I believe that Super Record is exactly the same.

If the CT2 chainrings don't fit I suggest that you have been supplied with 110bcd ones

gumgardner, those chainrings look like the right ones for the standard SR road crank but obviously not the CT crank


what about the ax morpheus?

_________________
RUEGAMER 5.21kg, 11.48lbs

CRUMPTON 4.40kg, 9.70lbs


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:57 pm
Posts: 814
Location: NYC
hrailone, you need to measure the thickness of the new chainrings on the tabs where they meet the spider and compare them to your Campy rings. If they are too thick you might not be catching enough threads on the bolts, which is resulting in striped threads. Or, if they are too thin you might be bottoming out, causing you to over torque in order to get a bite, resulting again in stripped bolts. You can find thin chainring spacers to make up the difference if you find you need to compensate for the difference.

Good luck,
EM3


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:44 pm 
Offline
in the industry
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:22 am
Posts: 605
gumgardner wrote:
what about the ax morpheus?


I believe that is a standard 110bcd 5 bolt crankset.

@em3 has a point. Campag chainrings are usually around 3.5mm thick at the crank I think. Regarding the chainring bolts themselves, steel will take a lot more torque than aluminium alloy (in general) so you could just be over torquing the alloy bolts. A rough rule of thumb I have always used for chainrings (just a personal thing) is to 'nip' the chainring bolts up by hand with a hex key then take it another quarter turn. If you're pushing them further than that with the torque wrench it may be something to look at.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:41 pm 
Offline
Tubbie Guru

Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 2:20 am
Posts: 5848
Location: Belgium
Hi,

Quote:
I believe that is a standard 110bcd 5 bolt crankset.


To the best of my knowledge no other crankset takes the Campa CT specific chainrings.

Ciao, ;)

_________________
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:56 pm 
Offline
in the industry
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:22 am
Posts: 605
Correct! :wink: (even some of the Campag CT cranks are standard 110 I think)


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Campy Record EPS 11 wrecks 2 chains in 750 miles

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

CANBERRARON

15

785

Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:53 pm

Butcher View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. original 11 speed Campy shifts work with my Record 11 14?

in Road

rossjm11

1

444

Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:27 pm

MartyW View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2014 Super Record or 2015 Record?

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

fudgefudgefudge

19

1479

Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:39 pm

Junior7 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Sram Red compact compatible Stronglight ?

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

Body

17

515

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:39 am

stormur View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Standard chainrings for 110 BCD

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

Tinea Pedis

22

1078

Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:13 pm

itsacarr View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], coppercook62, Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited