Bontrager saddles... any good?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

blantonator

by blantonator

I'm in need of a new saddle and my fitter is a Trek shop(team sponsored shop) and wants me to try a Bontrager Affinity. They have a 30 day money back guarantee, but before I drop any time/coin, any experience?

Also the team issue looks like a pretty slick saddle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

allezkmiec

by allezkmiec

They tend to be decently light, and have always seemed as durable as anything else. As for whether they're any good or not, there's not a single opinion in the world that matters but your own. It's your butt! The 30 day comfort guarantee makes it a no-risk experiment.

fa63

by fa63

I have tried both the RXL and the Affinity. I liked the RXL but didn't get along so well with the Affinity. Ended up with a Specialized Romin in the end though.

bones

by bones

fa63 wrote:I have tried both the RXL and the Affinity. I liked the RXL but didn't get along so well with the Affinity. Ended up with a Specialized Romin in the end though.

Same here. I had a Bontrager saddle. It was ok, nothing great. The problem is that the stitching wore my shorts down, and the saddle only lasted barely one season, so I had get a new saddle. So, in the end I didn't really save much since I didn't get much life out of that Saddle. I also switched to a Specialized Romin. Much better built and more durable. I've been on it for 3 yrs now.

Brandonnie

by Brandonnie

JUST GO FOR IT! that comfort guarantee thing is a plus since when you find your right saddle go with it! beats buying 2 or more saddles to find the perfect one.

soupless

by soupless

I've ridden the RL and RXL InForm and liked them, and my limited (1 week or so) time on an Affinity was shockingly comfortable.

Always tried the 143 mm width, but would go bigger just for the heck of it next time.

Brandonnie

by Brandonnie

sure the fizik and other brands are fancy they are a hit and miss. you miss haha costs quite some$. bontrager has got you covered! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com