Questions for 3t Strada 1x Frame

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Pauly1st

by Pauly1st

Hi,

The short 3T Strada seatpost is with its 239g on the heavy side to be political correct. Anyone knows a lighter option, carving off 100g?
And has anyone found a direct mount solution for the 3T Starda frame or can support with a 3D drawing?

Thanks and happy riding

C36

by C36

Darimo has a seatpost for the frame on the pipeline... but no firm launch date

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pauly1st

by Pauly1st

Thanks for the heads up!

SandwichNP

by SandwichNP

Does anybody know if there's any reason I can't cut the seatpost that I have? I didn't realize there were multiple sizes and the one I have is too long. I need to shave about 2" off mine.

Regarding the OP, I'd be interested too...I haven't even finished building mine and I hate the seatpost head on this. Would gladly buy another one with a micro adjust top.

LewisK

by LewisK

I'm not familiar with the frame/seatpost, but virtually all posts can be cut. Just make sure there is a minimum of 8cm of post left in the frame after you've cut.

saverin

by saverin

LewisK wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:11 pm
I'm not familiar with the frame/seatpost, but virtually all posts can be cut. Just make sure there is a minimum of 8cm of post left in the frame after you've cut.
or better yet, translate the existing 'minimum seatpost insertion' length to the cut seatpost length to be even safer.

SandwichNP

by SandwichNP

That's what I would do- maybe throw a black sharpie line 2" up from the min insertion after I cut 2" off. I just found it surprising that they offer multiple lengths for what I thought was a pretty standard procedure- make a big post, cut off what you don't need.

Speedman

by Speedman

Can the METRON 5D ACR integrated can match with the 3T Strada frame ?
I looking for Token Cable Box system too... Any idea about matching ?

SandwichNP

by SandwichNP

Speedman wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:09 pm
No but also maybe yes. The head tube is very narrow at the top for the strada. The cables exit behind the headtube and wrap around. I can't imagine any way to route a cable by the stem/upper headset. That doesn't mean you couldn't use the vision metron system, but I can't see how you could route cables in the headtube.

Personally, I like the "semi-integrated" design. It gives me a little more freedom to change things up/modify when needed, but not have to disassemble and fully reassemble each time. The ultra-aero bikes are awesome, but I like that I can swap my stem on the strada without bleeding brakes and buying new hoses.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Speedman

by Speedman

SandwichNP wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:47 pm
Speedman wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:09 pm
No but also maybe yes. The head tube is very narrow at the top for the strada. The cables exit behind the headtube and wrap around. I can't imagine any way to route a cable by the stem/upper headset. That doesn't mean you couldn't use the vision metron system, but I can't see how you could route cables in the headtube.

Personally, I like the "semi-integrated" design. It gives me a little more freedom to change things up/modify when needed, but not have to disassemble and fully reassemble each time. The ultra-aero bikes are awesome, but I like that I can swap my stem on the strada without bleeding brakes and buying new hoses.
I think it is possible I allow to bend a little the cable to make an internal routing. I can't see how I couldn't route cables in the headtube...
And personnaly, I'm crazy about the clean style of all integrated aero bike.