2013 Dogma 65.1 Think2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

crewman

by crewman

Alibongo:
What did you use for the BB? I would like to go to a Rotor 3D+ crank with a Power2 max spider. The BB for that crank does not have a sleeve between the bearings and I am afraid the EPS wiring could get damaged by the cranks shaft. Not sure what to do.
"It's all about the Tempo"

mgordon

by mgordon

Everything I'm reading says that the new Dogma sticks with an Italian threaded BB, but what is this:

Anyone who's ridden one care to chime in?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Whats what?
All Campagnolo UT Cranks use that outboard cup...

mgordon

by mgordon

I just don't see any splines for the BB tool on the cup, I could be missing it though. Look at the shimano one here http://www.pinarello.com/eng/dogma65_carbon_850.php if you zoom in and rotate the bike to the non-drive size diagonal, it doesnt look like there are any splines there either.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

that's a pressfit cup. no notches for a wrench required when threading something in. this goes hand-in-hand with what i thought i saw sometime last year- a dogma2 with SHIMANO BB30 CRANKS. but i couldve been wrong, and that's for another topic.

edit: with mgordon's link, you can see that pinarello states the "bbracket" is "Most Croxover", whatever that is, but its probably some adaptable system.

edit:edit: it appears they all are called "most croxover", although only the dogma65.1 (and dogma2) are the ones that definitely have the press-in cups.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Just looked on the wrenchscience and competitive cyclist websites.... wrench science says its a pressfit, which is evident from the picture above.. compcyclist says its Italian thread.. I guess they just did a copy paste from the regular dogma on the specs....

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Im not liking this whole pressing cups into a frame deal... Ive heard nothing about creaks everywhere.. it was really noted with the Campy cups on a Ti frame... maybe the carbon with Loctite is more forgiving....

I know on my EVO I have for sale, its made my 2010 SRM useless because of the pressfit30 cup lip not being able to clear the powermeter back plate....

Since Im a campy only guy, the only option is a pressfit cup and Campy SRM... can you say $$$$

Just can't justify it.. especially with how light and stiff Hollowgram cranks are..

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

@pariscarbon,
you may be in luck, as the new spindles that are coming with sisl2 cranks are a little bit (but not a lot) longer. they may have a different taper on the splines, i will find out tomorrow...

mgordon

by mgordon

Wrenchscience actually says both:

"Features:
Bottom Bracket: Press fit"

and

"The Dogma 65.1 will carry over ... the Italian bottom bracket..."

mgordon

by mgordon