2011 Scott Addict R1,R2,R3 frames

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sgray

by sgray

Sounds like the previous poster may be right, the weights you quote sound like HMF fiber? Or perhaps you picked up a custom layup originally intended for the Highroad team?

For reference I also have a 2010 56cm Scott Addict R3 (HMF with Threaded BB) and HEAVY white paint.

Bare Frame Weight is 1014g with Derailleur Hangers & Threaded BB shell.
Uncut R3 300mm Fork is 363g....again all white paint.
Pr Frankie's post the white paint adds a lot of weight. Can't see how your HMX forks are heavier...particularly as the Addict RC has very little paint, mine looks like clear-coated UD carbon with Yellow & White accents.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kulivontot

by kulivontot

That must it, they sent us Cav's leftover Addicts from when he switched to Sky.

WinSuits

by WinSuits

ArferBar wrote:The R1 is NOT 100g's lighter as i first expected its actually at least 30-40g's heavier then the R2, i was not happy when i weighed them both, i spoke to scott about it being heavier and they baseicly said 'it may be heavier but its stiffer....'

i had the R2 and had to warrenty 2 framesets due to miss shaped rear dropouts

so they decided to upgrade me to the R1, first R1 had chipped paint,bubbles and splinter of carbon coming off fork dropout. the second R1 and the fourth frame overall is what im using now, oh and on the R2 you can see the lovely carbon thru the finish :)) on the R1 you can not :((((

I have an R2 and I was informed that the R1 and R2 are the same while the R3 and R4 are different compared to the 1-2, yet the 3-4 use the same for their respective build.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

True or false, depending on the model year.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

ArferBar

by ArferBar

SGRAY-thankyou thats fantastic

right im going to phone Scott tommoro and ask the head of Scott's warranty squad,(i have his B2B number since i have had three warrentys and also work for a Scott dealer) so he knows who i am,

I am going to ask why my addict RC "has no DI2 holes?!?!?" as i may be thinking of upgrading to Di2 in the future, and also slip in why its heaver then it should be and advertised

wish me luck,good answers and success

ArferBar

by ArferBar

just got off the phone with scott warranty, i told him that my RC doesnt have DI2 holes and he said that they do two different versions of the RC, one with holes and one without, i didnt really have the choice since it was a warrenty upgrade from a R2. he said i could drill them myself.........i thort it wasnt really as simple as that as i thort holes had to be reinforced like parlee's or crumptons.

i thort the RC was a DI2 version of the R1 but apperently not, he said it just stands for "race concept" what ever that means. i asked if it was HMX carbon as the weight isnt as good as it should be, he said its definatly HMX as all RC's are HMX as its there top spec model and should be much stiffer. and the lightness is a bi-product of the higher grade stiffer carbon.

i also asked how i know people with the same frame in larger sizes are lighter then mine and how it was heavier then my R2, he said there can be variations in the lay up and resin yada yada and how they dont all weight the same, i said ok thats fine but we are not talking 20 odd grams were talking 80-100 grams.

he didnt really know what to say but said he would email switzerland and ask about the weight, so im going to phone in a few days

im not too bothered about the DI2 holes but i am bothered about the weight tho

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Doubt you have any recourse for the weight not being what you think it should be.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

Mikmik

by Mikmik

Mikmik wrote:
kulivontot wrote:Are there any 2010/2011 Addict owners who have verified weights of the frame/fork?

2011 R1 frame + fork + all bearings = 1200gr.

The only thing is I didn't measure on digi scales (as I didn't have any at that stage) so it was done on a baking analogue scale....not sure of the discrepancy there.

Okay I got a digiscale.

Fork + alu expander plug = 340g
58cm Frame + bottom bearings + headset bearings + rear derailer dropout in place = 975g

GRAND TOTAL = 1315g

The headset bearings weigh 40g (the 2 of them together) and I don't know what the BB bearings would weigh but if I say 25g each (being generous here I think) then all the bearings would come to 90grams taking the fork frame down to 1285g.

If I were to talk bare frame and fork I think under 1250g is an accurate figure but doubt it would get in the 1100s.

IS that still okay?
It's not how much you spend on a bike it's how hard you can ride it.

ArferBar

by ArferBar

yours weighs the same as my 54cm version....and yours is a 58cm!wtf

wrenchmonkey

by wrenchmonkey

my press fit BB weighs 75g total

sgray

by sgray

Shimano press-fit BB is 70-76g, and if the headset bearings are still in the frame the headset cups must be too. Total weight is about 63g for the headset bearings and cups. So your 58cm version is probably coming in around 840g for the frame+derailleur hangers.

ArferBar

by ArferBar

why is there such a weight difference, this is ridiculas. there meant to be the same frame arnt they?
made of the same carbon, bigger the frame the lighter.......

sgray

by sgray

I think you're just getting burned on the warranty replacement frames. Haven't seen them come in that heavy before, that's almost 20% over spec. Even for Italian scales that's a little too much...

rozzer32

by rozzer32

Holly thread revival batman.

But did Scott ever got back to you on this?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com