2011 Scott Addict R1,R2,R3 frames

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

n808

by n808

On my frame, 25s fit comfortably. With 27 there was a tiny amount of rub, and I gave that up + I didn't like the 27s anyway..
Maybe this helps - hard to judge from the photo, but at least you get an impression.

EDIT: That was and is (in photo) Veloflex 25mm, which are more like 24mm, but actual 25mm fits fine too. The 27mm were Vittoria, and I think true 27mm. I did not think there would be any rub, but I discovered small marks after riding, so clearly there was under load.

(2012/2014) Scott Addict R1, SRAM Red 6.6kg | 2012 Scott Scale Pro, SRAM X0, 9.4kg

kulivontot

by kulivontot

It rubs the chainstay if I don't manually center and crank down the QR real hard. I have 24's on 17mm internal width rims.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Reviving this zombie thread.
Finally got around to warranty my 2011 R1 frame because of the rear dropouts issue, before the warranty ran out. They sent me a new frame last week, just unpacked it. First of all the BB has magically transformed to 68mm threaded from PF86, which is fun. And also the frame / fork weight is 950g / 370g for size 52. What's interesting is they provided a manufacturing quality sheet indicating that the maximum tolerance is 931g (which of course it doesn't actually meet).
So now I'm left with a brand new frame that is actually heavier than the 54 cm frame it replaced (900g / 376g) and according to some other forum members, may potentially have the exact same issue that I warrantied it for. I sent some hate mail to Scott corporate, but I'm not really expecting a response. I don't want to hassle the shop that did the warranty, because I didn't buy the bike there and they get literally nothing out of the exchange. Do I have any recourse at all? Am I better off selling the frame as new and buying something else and eating the difference? What would you guys do?