2011 Scott Addict R1,R2,R3 frames

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ArferBar

by ArferBar

rozzer32 wrote:Holly thread revival batman.

But did Scott ever got back to you on this?

never got a reply on the weight issue, the other main gripe is that the rear wheel doesn't sit straight in the rear dropouts, sits slightly to the left, i sent 3 frames back because of this issue and the forth still had the same problem even with the upgraded model,so i just accepted that probably how they should be, that was like 7 odd months ago,

i saw are Scott rep the other week and they said that its not right and that i should get onto scott about it, i almost cant be bothered tbh

maybe il get bord at work and give them a call

anyone with a 2011 scott addict have the same problem???......or feature.....

kibsen

by kibsen

My Addict R1 2010 HMX size small is just below 790 gram

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Arferbar, yes. I have the same issue with the wheel not sitting straight. Two strikes indicating we have repainted warranty defective frames. I thought I just hadn't clamped down my cheapo Ti skewer hard enough or the wheel was out of true. Both of these may be true, but the wheel definitely sits way closer to the left than the right. I rode a Mercx-style TT with the tire rubbing the frame the whole time because of this. Never considered the possibility that it was a frame defect.
Never contacted scott about the weight discrepancy because A. I've been riding the frame for over a year. B. I never bothered to do a complete teardown of my bike to confirm the bare frame weight. C. There seem to be zero Scott dealers around here. When I had the frame replaced, I had to drive 100 miles to the original shop I purchased it from to get the crash replacement discount. D. I didn't want to sound like a whiny prick "Oooh, my frame weighs 80 grams too much, give me a new one."

superb

by superb

I had also the same issue with the rear wheel not sitting straight on my Scott Addict R3 2009 but I didn't care much about that. I got replacement but not because of that but because front derailleur hanger cracked. I got new frame Scott Addict RC 2010 and rear wheel sit straight.

Asymptotic

by Asymptotic

Just bought an 2011 R1 frameset of ebay for just over 1k from a Scott dealer.

Think I know why it was so cheap now - 100% bare frame, Sz 58 was 939g and fork was a porky 380g uncut :noidea:

To compare, a friends 2010 R2 in the same size was 988g for frame, fork was 420g.
Norwood & Adelaide Uni CC

superb

by superb

Here in Slovenia, Scott dealers selling new Scott Addict HTC 2011 framesets for few hundred bucks...

ArferBar

by ArferBar

Hey all, the dropout problem finally annoyed me enough by that my friends take the piss saying i have 'horizontal dropouts' and that if you undo the rear quick release and do up again you have to realign the rear brake, I phoned scott warrenty again, and am sending back the 4th frame for the dropout problem AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN errr AGAIN, the guy said that apparently 3mm is 'within tolerance' which is ridiculous. they said this is all very odd and that this frame is going back to warrenty themselves as the others were just crushed and not studied. i said if this is a warranty problem AGAIN what would they give me?, he said another RC, i said lol no thanks!! i want a foil! so he said he will see what he can do, he said if i did then i would have to pay for the forks (£75) and post (£65) at net value, but im going to negotiate that i shouldnt have to pay at all, but we will have to see, the frame is being picked up on monday so will have to see..... wish me luck! im going to lay it on a bit thick (inconvenience, faith in the brand ect) btw i work for a scott dealer so they listen to me a bit more. BTW never buy a scott, from my experience, 4 frikkin frames!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81252586@N ... hotostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81252586@N ... otostream/

rozzer32

by rozzer32

I know this is a really old thread but thought I'd update with my experience in case anyone else has it.

So I found the cause of my rear wheel not sitting straight in my Addict. I was using Shimano wheels which had threaded axles, the thread had bitten into the carbon dropouts which caused the wheel to sit towards the left chainstay. I contacted Scott who warranty replaced the frame and told me not to use threaded axles.

After one ride on the replacement frame there was a crack in the seat tube. Scott have now upgraded me to a Foil which is good. But I would say to anyone with a Scott and using threaded axles to check your dropouts for thread marks.

n808

by n808

Asymptotic wrote:Just bought an 2011 R1 frameset of ebay for just over 1k from a Scott dealer.

Think I know why it was so cheap now - 100% bare frame, Sz 58 was 939g and fork was a porky 380g uncut :noidea:

To compare, a friends 2010 R2 in the same size was 988g for frame, fork was 420g.

Since somebody already brought this thread back to life, let me add my recent experience, since there are probably more of these heavier than expected frames around for sale.

I bought a warranty replacement unused 2011 R1 frameset off eBay for $770. My 58cm frame weighs 1010gr and the uncut fork 390gr. It's an odd version with a threaded BB.
Last edited by n808 on Mon May 05, 2014 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
(2012/2014) Scott Addict R1, SRAM Red 6.6kg | 2012 Scott Scale Pro, SRAM X0, 9.4kg

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Odd. My 2011 Scott Addict R1 was 58cm and something like 840g, 310g.

Was also too big for me.

edit; 872, 318.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=81570
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

dominikk

by dominikk

About warranty replacement ...

What kind of picture did you make to proof that rear wheel not sitting straight?
Or you sent frame back?
I have the same problem but do not want to be without bike until the new frame arrives ...
Riding Paniagua - The Future of cycling!

thePrince

by thePrince

Bumping this thread.

After my previous ride had an untimely run-in with a pickup truck, I grabbed a 2011 R1 off eBay. I had read this thread prior to purchasing, so I was curious to see what mine was going to weigh-in at (Size 56, weighed in at 888 frame/320 fork), and if the rear wheel was going to sit to the left.

So the weight is pretty good, but the wheel definitely sits to the left. Anybody find a solution to this? Any type of modification to the carbon drops to correct the issue?

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Nope.
Still riding this frame. Still rides to the left.

n808

by n808

thePrince wrote:[...] I grabbed a 2011 R1 off eBay. I had read this thread prior to purchasing, so I was curious to see what mine was going to weigh-in at (Size 56, weighed in at 888 frame/320 fork)

You were luckier than me, my 58cm bought 2 years ago, also off eBay, came in at 1010gr / 390gr... Still turned out to be a light bike at a good price, but I had really hoped for a little lighter frameset based on the numbers I had read beforehand. If you buy warranty replaced frames, you never know exactly what you will get. My rear wheel also sits left.
(2012/2014) Scott Addict R1, SRAM Red 6.6kg | 2012 Scott Scale Pro, SRAM X0, 9.4kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thePrince

by thePrince

How far to the left are they sitting? If I run 23s, there is a comfortable amount of clearance. 25s will result in seat stay rub under moderate effort.

Trying to decide if I want to return the frame and hope for a better result on a different frame.