Cannondale 2013 Lineup

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

agent86

by agent86

The cx's look great fail on the other 2
I thought of that while riding my bike.
Albert Einstein
On the Theory of Relativity.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

i just removed a lot of quotes. Please read the kind request I wrote yesterday.

Thanks.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

quinner

by quinner

Ahillock wrote:The SuperX and CAAD-X look great. If I was in the market for a CC bike, those would be high on my list.

However, not really feeling the color on the '13 Evo frames. Especially not the Ultegra Di2 version.

Agree, C'dale I love my flash 29'er but Denk - take another look at the road bike build kits or make it viable just to buy the frameset.

53x12

by 53x12

hansonator69 wrote:Where is the new Slice? :?

"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

buhosu

by buhosu

Fast .... But ugly :noidea:

petal666

by petal666

Agreed, but it looks better than that green liquigas monstrosity.

leosantos

by leosantos

95% of its ugliness is due to the seatpost which doesnt look aero and is obviosly not a match for any aero attempt that bike makers have put out on the last years. I for one would be surprised if it doesnt change at all when the final version is officially released

hansonator69

by hansonator69

Slam your stem.

grid256

by grid256

I too was thinking they'd change that terrible post but after reading the linked article, it's looks to be the final deal. Yikes.

53x12

by 53x12

leosantos wrote:95% of its ugliness is due to the seatpost which doesnt look aero and is obviosly not a match for any aero attempt that bike makers have put out on the last years. I for one would be surprised if it doesnt change at all when the final version is officially released

???? Didn't realize our eyes were wind tunnels. :D

For being legal within the UCI 3:1 rule, a smaller airfoil is not a bad idea. Especially with the turbulent airflow from the legs. YMMV.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

post only looks non-aero from the side. when you notice it's paper thin from the front, you will believe it is aero.

53x12

by 53x12

New black edition Evo at claimed 655g for the frame: http://www.veloderoute.com/information/5612/cannondale-les-nouveautes-2013

thisisatest wrote:post only looks non-aero from the side. when you notice it's paper thin from the front, you will believe it is aero.

Exactly.

leosantos

by leosantos

you are right then, good point about the leg air flow (I kept thinking why they would narrow the post but increase headtube witdh (all on side perspective). so I promptly take back the "doesnt look aero" statement but would keep "and is obviosly not a match for any aero attempt that bike makers have put out on the last years". . All other aero seatposts have a few things in commom, and though my eyes are certainly not better wind tunnels than what cannondale has been using, I guess there is also reason why cervelo, spesh, etc etc have adopted very wide (again when viewing form the side) posts for many years, both aerodinamic reasons and marketing reasons. it should come with no surprise to cannondale that ugly bikes are hard to sell, no matter how 0.xx% faster or more stable they are! or maybe cannondale has found out significant gains that cervelo and the like have overlooked.

all said, if you guys think that the new slice wouldnt be a lot nicer looking with a matching seatpost (think P2 or current slice), then Ive nothing to add really

mgordon

by mgordon

Welp - If they're doing a Di2 version of the new Evo, I know what I'm buying.

CAADam9

by CAADam9

It looks like the smaller profile of the seat post on the Slice RS will allow more up/down adjustment of saddle position when combined with that seat tube.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com