Cannondale 2013 Lineup

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

STARNUT

by STARNUT

I stand corrected...... Cannondale WILL be selling the Evo Nano frameset aftermarket and the WILL be selling the Di2 frameset aftermarket also.

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SSB

by SSB

^

That's fantastic news. And yes, I stand corrected- the CAAD10 frameset is $1,050 list plus taxes here in Canada.

Knowing how much more expensive Australian list prices are in general, this looks really promising. I'd pay a few hundred bucks more than the current frame for the upgrade to the anodized/gold CAAD10 for sure.

Is there any word on what kind of a premium would be attached to the Evo Nano?

EDIT: Oops, I seem to have misunderstood STARNUT. If the Evo Nano will be available, then I would hope the CAAD10 anodized will be available too.
Flickr
2012 Cannondale CAAD10

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Time to find an old smashed cannondale for a frame discount if they are still doing that :)

STARNUT

by STARNUT

they are doing that but not on the Nano. The CAAD1 frame will not be sold as a frameset nor will any other Black Inc frames. The Slice RS will be sold in the White only as a frameset.

The new cranks should be shipping after the first of the year.

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Do you have any more info on the SISL2s being released for sale? I want to keep an eye out for people selling their used SLs to upgrade.

AGW

by AGW

Here's a link to the 2013 dealer catalog. It's the Aussie catalog, so there's limited info on SRAM-equipped bikes, but there's specs and some brief info about the SISL2.

http://issuu.com/csgaustralia/docs/cannondale_dealer_book_2013/1

petal666

by petal666

From the above link, I notice the Slice RS Ultegra Di2 has Ultegra Di2 TT shifters.

tcurtbike
Best Freak bike poster

by tcurtbike

petal666 wrote:
tcurtbike wrote:The CAAD10 Di2 is being sold as a frameset in Australia. $1700, pre-lim stock coming in December (at my LBS). The waiting game begins.
I just finished building my Caad10-1 with Di2 on the weekend. :(

I was actually looking for a CAAD10 frame I could drill for Di2, I decided to wait till the 2013 frames had been released to see what I could get, glad I did!

SSB wrote:$1,700 AUD?

That seems a bit expensive, no? AFAIK a full 105 bike here costs less than that, and the frameset only is about $850 across the border. At a price like that I'd buy the full bike and swap some parts around with my existing CAAD10.

One shop (not my LBS, but another Cannondale dealer) offered me 2.5K for a stripped down CAAD10 105 frame. When I mentioned I was building up the frame myself, they advised against it, saying it would void my warranty and "how can you be sure you're doing it right". I walked out.

runningrunningjump

by runningrunningjump

Oh that's made my day! How can you sure your doing it right.... Brilliant!

RobH

by RobH

Hi guys, first time poster. Have only been lurking around here for a couple of weeks so it is time to say hi.

I have a question for anyone who has seen the new 2013 EVO Di2, is the battery for the Di2 internal or mounted under the bottle cage like on the 2012 model? the reason I ask is I have checked out the Evo's in the 2013 dealers catalogue and I can see the battery in the old position on the Ultegra model but there is no sign of the battery on the DA model.

I know that the new Di2 allows for external charging of internal batteries and an internal battery may sway me to wait for 2013 bike and pay a bit extra for it. Good deals being done on 2012 range at the moment to clear stock so hard to justify the extra expense unless this was the case.
Rides Cannondale System 6
Cannondale Capo
Masi Speciale (city bike)
2013 Cannondale EVO Di2 on order

upside

by upside

The 2013 Di2 Evo has the slick seat post battery mount... super cool.

RobH

by RobH

upside wrote:The 2013 Di2 Evo has the slick seat post battery mount... super cool.

Damn, now it makes the decision even harder! At the moment the price difference here in Australia is around $2000.
Cannondale Capo

petal666

by petal666

RobH wrote:
upside wrote:The 2013 Di2 Evo has the slick seat post battery mount... super cool.

Damn, now it makes the decision even harder! At the moment the price difference here in Australia is around $2000.

You can do an aftermarket internal battery conversion for much less than that.

crohnsy

by crohnsy

Can't you just get a seat post battery for the 2012? It surely wouldn't cost $2000

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RobH

by RobH

crohnsy wrote:Can't you just get a seat post battery for the 2012? It surely wouldn't cost $2000

Fair call but the lure of new Di2 and the weigh savings over old Di2 are worth thinking about. I wonder when the 2013 EVO Di2 will be hitting the shops?
Cannondale Capo