HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:37 am 

I have been riding the ISM Adamo Podium saddle all year on my road and TT bike, love them both. The problem is, they weigh a ton (315 grams). Has anyone liked the ism and switched to something different that they liked as much.

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:37 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:54 am 

No personal experience with either saddle, but you might want to look into this http://www.poshbikes.com/product.php?id=346

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:58 am 

The ISM race2 version of the ism podium is 270g (claimed)....not a LOT better....but some.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:57 pm 

I had exactly the same problem with a light TT bike we're building for TriRig. So we just made a carbon version. 76g, with padding. It's going to be bonded directly to a seatpost, so no rails. Not the finest carbon work ever done (we did it ourselves in house), but it works fine. And yes, it's durable. I put it on the ground and jumped up and down on it -- no creaking, no issues.

http://www.tririg.com/articles.php?id=2 ... iber_Adamo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:56 pm 

Very cool. You all going to make them for 3rd party sale?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:17 pm 

There are definitely legal issues if they try to make them for sale...

"Organization is for the simple-minded, the Genius controls the chaos." - Jens

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:24 pm 

Hmmmmm
I've recently arranged to purchase some alginate from my dentist. It's the stuff that they take tooth moulds from. What is exciting about this purchase (I've had similar products before) is that it is water-based and can be used to take 3 or 4 castings from the one mould. I don't see this being too difficult to do......a lite ISM may be my winter project.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:13 am 

No plans to sell these. As already mentioned, there would be legal issues, but just as importantly, we are not a shop ... we're a review website. Maybe one day we'll sell TriRig kit, but I don't think we're near popular enough for that yet :-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:57 pm 

Great idea to join the two front prongs for added support. Wish I could take it for a ride.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:54 am 

dw67 wrote:
I have been riding the ISM Adamo Podium saddle all year on my road and TT bike, love them both. The problem is, they weigh a ton (315 grams). Has anyone liked the ism and switched to something different that they liked as much.

Hey dw67,

If you don't mind can you please describe the feel of the ISM Podium saddle compared to the typical shaped saddles on the market, I'm seriously considering one...

"I enjoy climbing...I enjoy seeing people disappear behind me." - Robert Millar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:39 am 

Zenkai wrote:
And yes, it's durable. I put it on the ground and jumped up and down on it

:thumbup: :thumbup:

That Ladies and Gentlemen is how a proper strength test is done!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:02 pm 

I actually saw this on TriRig. A Dash saddle that is supposedly very similar to the shape of the ISM Podium.

http://dashcycles.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=34&category_id=3&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=42

I ride the podium and it is the only saddle that has ever made my TT/Tri position downright enjoyable. While this is definitely on the list of dream items for my Tri bike, at the price ($555), it is hard to justify when the rest of the bike is built for aero not for weight. Though for sheer WW bragging rights, 79g! Wow.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:38 am 

I've been on the Dash Tri.7 for about a month now, and it's INSANELY good. If you like the Adamo Podium, you'll LOVE the Tri.7 -- it's the same front shape, but doesn't flare out in the back so it saves your hamstrings from any chafing. I wrote my ride report on page two of the review I posted here:

http://www.tririg.com/articles.php?id=2 ... _T7_Review

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:42 am 

This style of saddle really lets you rotate your pelvis forward and getting weight onto the forearms/elbows when in the aero position. I think the lower your drop, the more comfort benefit you'll realize (I use 18cm from saddle to top of arm rests and this style made a big difference in comfort)

Wingnut wrote:
dw67 wrote:

Hey dw67,

If you don't mind can you please describe the feel of the ISM Podium saddle compared to the typical shaped saddles on the market, I'm seriously considering one...

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:42 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:42 am 

Resurrecting this thread because I am also curious about alternatives to my ISM Adamo Podium for road riding. Brief background:

Rode for years on nothing but Selle Italia Flites. Not sure I ever "really" fit or loved that saddle, but in the 90's, if you were cool, that's what you rode. As I got older, I found I rode shorter and shorter differences, due to numbness and discomfort. Finally decided to stop being "cool" and accept a fred saddle. (joking!) Did some research, found the ISM Adamo Podium, and LOVE it. Not like, LOVE. It's a true revelation.

Of course, now of course I am considering messing with something that works perfectly for me. Mostly because yes, the Podium is not very "cool" and yes, it's pretty darn heavy. But I don't want to give up any comfort. Not even a little bit. Does anyone have experience with the Dash Stage.9 saddle for ROAD riding? It looks awesome and is crazy light but wondering if it's really suitable for all-around road riding. http://www.dashcycles.com/products/

T1 | Scatto | Rolf Prima FX58/Zipp Super 9 Disc

Go to page 1, 2  Next