Cant decide!! Caad or Six

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

Shop near my house has a Raw Caad, and a 2011 105 Six for the same price. My Caad has a nice dent in the top tube. I went to the shop to replace it with another Caad and he offered the Six at the same price $1600. Since this would be my crit bike, I'm thinking I might want to get a Six if its the same price. I like the team colors, but that Raw Caad is also real nice!!!! I would think the weight is going to be close since one is painted and the other just clear coated.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CerveloBert

by CerveloBert

Get the six.

Greenduck

by Greenduck

For the same price I would definitely take the SuperSix!
Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=139324

poully

by poully

I've just got rid of an addict and replaced it with a caad and I can't fault it. Maybe I should have tried a six so I could give an opinion of both but I'm well pleased with the caad. I've no regrets in leaving carbon behind :D
Get some test rides if you can.......but I sense you really want the six :lol:
Either way I'm sure you'll be happy.

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

Oddly enough I bought this instead. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Arky

by Arky

I like plan c!

wasabi1

by wasabi1

I too like plan C!

Not as much as I like the angle on that stem though!

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Shame they didn't make you an offer you couldn't refuse on the next size up :shock:

But congrats on an Evo anyway 8)
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

The bike is how it came off the floor of the shop, without fitting. The seat post will come down quit a bit and three or four spacers should come out of the steerer, of course the stem will need to be flipped. Cannondale sure has a HUGE cone. I dont care for the white tape either, so thats coming off. Still need to swap the seat to a toupe, the Fizik is oddly wide for me in the nose. Undecided on the FSA stuff, Ill prob ride it for awhile to see how the cockpit goes. I've been riding Ritchey for the last several years. Ill post up some pics when Im done.

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Hapsmo911 wrote:The bike is how it came off the floor of the shop, without fitting. The seat post will come down quit a bit and three or four spacers should come out of the steerer, of course the stem will need to be flipped. Cannondale sure has a HUGE cone. I dont care for the white tape either, so thats coming off. Still need to swap the seat to a toupe, the Fizik is oddly wide for me in the nose. Undecided on the FSA stuff, Ill prob ride it for awhile to see how the cockpit goes. I've been riding Ritchey for the last several years. Ill post up some pics when Im done.

The supersix headset top cap is two piece. Once you remove the large one there is a small one underneath. Almost like just a cover. Really nice for maximum slammage.

from the specs:
Headset
SuperSix EVO, 1-1/4" lower bearing, 25mm carbon top cover (w/ 5mm alloy hidden top cover)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com